SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-08-05, 09:27 AM   #1
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Default SKID WARNING - Junct Tennison Road/Davidson Road in Selhurst

I should have posted this yesterday but here goes.I'm not sure if this is the relevant section to post this but I believe a few people leave around or might use the above mentioned Road.

Coming down Tennisson Road from Selhurst Road , over the bridge and just as you get to the the turn off for Davidson Road the anti skid (shell grip) is seriously worn. All you have is a large section of loose material acting as a skid pan. I lost the front end on it yesterday but luckily not going quite slowly and no cars stopped in front of me as I had to let go of the brakes and carry on.

It will be bad enough in a car but on a bike it's scary as you are actualluy braking downhill. Be very careful.

Cheers
Ben

Edit : I've just spoken to Croydon Council and they should be sending someone out to have a look.
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote