SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-11-22, 02:55 PM   #1
buckstone

Default Forum Changes ?

I sold my SV in 2019 and have been off bikes since. Miss it like mad, so thinking about getting back into it again. Came on the forum to have a look at the 'For Sale' section but it, like several sections, seems to have nothing in it any more.

Is this just a reflection of folk selling SVs and moving on so there's less site traffic, or was it a conscious decision ?

It's funny looking through the posts and seeing names I'd forgotten all about though !!!
buckstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-22, 04:02 PM   #2
Stilo

Default Re: Forum Changes ?

I sold an SV in 2017 and then bought a Gladius a few months ago, like you I have noticed the difference in the traffic on the site in the meantime. Dont know the reason why, perhaps because a lot of the SVs are getting older and/or dying off?
Old 29-11-22, 05:44 PM   #3
mister c
Mega Poster

I have a feeling that it's a change in the internet. You have the advent of social media that most people have moved to. To be honest, I've been away from the forum for a long time, but have bought yet another SV (my 6th) to rebuild.
I, like you, came back to see if there were any parts that could be useful in the For Sale section, but, alas, it's gone.
I think that the days of forums is numbered due to Farcebook & the like.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-22, 06:33 PM   #4
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Pretty sure you're right Col. A lot of folk wandered off to Friendface and the overall popularity of the model dropped a little, causing quite a drop in footfall. A GSX-F forum I used to be on (when I had one) went the same way and folded so its not just us.

Hope you get yourself another bike Buckstone. I sat on an SV650 at the NEC show last week and it took me right back... Chances are it will be discontinued soon so look out for potential deals coming up.

Last edited by Sir Trev; 29-11-22 at 06:36 PM.
Sir Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-22, 07:47 PM   #5
buckstone

Yeah, that all makes sense - it's a sign of the time I suppose. I hope the site lasts long enough to help me with any questions I have when I get sorted. But after two 650s and a 1000, I should know enough by now!!!
Old 29-11-22, 07:55 PM   #6
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Have you checked the filters at the bottom, I think it defaults to the last 75 days
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-22, 09:42 PM   #7
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I suspect the forum may be here for some time yet as it's built itself into something beyond just a one make/model motorcycle forum. It may be quieter than it used to be but hey, quality not quantity is what counts.

And there are some bloody good people here too.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-22, 11:04 AM   #8
admin
John T
Mega Poster

The future of the forum has been on my mind for some time too. I've noticed it's a lot quieter than it used to be. I'm not getting any younger either so at some point I'll need to pass it on to someone.

I've had many offers to sell it in the past but I was worried that this would have meant lots of advertising plastered all over the pages and destroying the culture of the site. Twitter and Musk sitting to mind.

I'm still pondering.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 30-11-22, 02:27 PM   #9
buckstone

Cheers for the idea about filters - that brought much more up (even though most of them are a bit old now). The default is either less than it used to be, or there's simply less traffic through it. Either way, that made it look more like the 'old days' when I was on the forum just about every night !!!
Old 23-12-22, 07:05 PM   #10
rowdy

It’s not just this site, I’m on a few car forums and the traffic on those have slowed down a lot. I even joined one three months ago and still waiting for the account to be approved but I don’t do Facebook because I’m not interested in what everyone has had for dinner every day.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote