SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 25-07-20, 06:37 PM   #7221
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Sold pretty much all of the cameras listed apart from the parts XE-1. Also listed the T3 today.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-20, 08:44 PM   #7222
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Cool! I had a go at a couple of CD players. We have a Teac mini system which we are going to sell on, but the CD player stopped working a while ago. My brother in law tried to fix it, an din doing so he also bought a second one of a similar model, but it turned out the parts aren't quite the same. He gave them and the spares to me in the end. No idea what's up with the new one, the tray keeps opening and closing, and it won't play. The original one has broken bits of plastic, and the sync between the tray closing and the mechanism rising is kaput. I should have known better. I guess I'm selling it without a working CD player then!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-20, 08:47 PM   #7223
Kenzie

Wouldn't have a clue there! I can just about get by with cameras. Lesson learnt on waiting for the £1 selling fee offers, got stung a bit. All of todays sales have been paid for, just got to box a couple more up and off to the post office, I think the branch in town is open tomorrow and it would be good to get them gone.

Old 25-07-20, 08:57 PM   #7224
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Yeah I didn't think much of it until a while back when I had a bill for something like a tenner. They seem to have had a few of those promos this year though. Bank holidays are good too, people will buy allsorts.
Old 26-07-20, 07:01 AM   #7225
Kenzie

Did you manage to sort the slow speeds out on your Contax? I've got my eye on one but the slow speeds don't work apparently. Comes with a Sonnar 50mm f2.
Old 26-07-20, 05:37 PM   #7226
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Haven't touched it. I looked into repairs, there is a fair bit of info out there. I think the timing gear comes out attached to the shutter assembly, not sure if you can remove it and soak it, may just need to wash it down. I expect the one you're looking at is just gummed up, I'd take a punt on it if the rest looks good. How is the lens? When Jen bought this one for me, there was also a iiia with a 50mm f1.5. I didn't really want the meter, but it is supposed to be a much better lens, not just a bit faster.
Old 26-07-20, 05:39 PM   #7227
Kenzie

I took a punt on it, listed as ugly but described as cosmetically good with a clean lens, viewfinder will probably need cleaning too. "Slow speeds don't work because, well its a Contax" £99 from Yoko's favourite shop. Bought blind as there were no pics and they are hard people to get pics out of. Also grabbed a Minolta SRT303 for a tenner from the Outlet section. I posted out the Pentax to M42 adapter to you as well, made sense while I was shipping out everything else. I prefer the look of the meterless ones anyway. What year is yours?

Last edited by Kenzie; 26-07-20 at 05:49 PM.
Old 26-07-20, 09:27 PM   #7228
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Great, thanks. Spring 1951 apparently, according to the serial number, I seem to think the lens is a few years earlier, can't be bothered to look it up though. Mine is also a 50mm F2. I used it and the Jupiter 8 (same) on my Kiev iiia, and you can't tell the difference.
http://leicacontax.blogspot.com/p/co...l-numbers.html
They are known to have been hastily assembled and often the (hand made) parts weren't that well made as they paid the workers piecework, so the more they made, the more they earned. We are doing various things on our house at the moment so not done much else in the evenings. I do want to get on and work on a few more though.
Old 27-07-20, 04:34 PM   #7229
yokohama

I finally cracked.

yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-20, 05:57 PM   #7230
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Looks nice!