SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-01-21, 11:45 AM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Netflix users

I've been streaming from a questionable site which, amongst other things, limits you to the first 3 episodes of an older series, after that you have to pay.

I'm thinking of signing up for Netflix but I'm curious whether they limit the amount you stream (not download) per month - anyone have any experience?
Old 08-01-21, 11:51 AM   #2
CheGuevara

Default Re: Netflix users

No limits. I think there might be a lower tier that limits the number of devices you can stream on simultaneously though.
CheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 12:02 PM   #3
maviczap
Mega Poster

As above, no limits

I'm considering suspending my subscription, as I watch more on Amazon Prime these days, especially with the price increase.

Can't remember the last thing I watched on Netflix
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 12:23 PM   #4
Seeker
Mega Poster

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
As above, no limits

I'm considering suspending my subscription, as I watch more on Amazon Prime these days, especially with the price increase.

Can't remember the last thing I watched on Netflix
I'm watching Star Trek Discovery and waiting for Stranger Things, plus I watched Altered Carbon, Another Life, Beyond, Colony and even Lost in Space which were all on NF. Yes, I'm a SciFi nut. I started to watch The Umbrella Academy until my 3 episode limit was reached but I'm curious to see how it develops.

I avoid Amazon wherever possible which makes watching The Expanse tricky. The tv is on series 5 the books are getting book 9 (the last one) this year. It's finally got a name: "Leviathon Falls" (book 1 was Leviathon Wakes). Then there's A Discovery of Witches" series 2 which is on Sky...
Old 08-01-21, 12:36 PM   #5
ethariel

Yep as above, unlimited usage, but if you want 4k, it's premium subscription or bust.

Soon as the latest ST Discovery series is over I'm cancelling, a £2 increase in May 19, now another £2 increase this year - 20% on 2019 and another 17% now, that's taking the Pee.
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 12:53 PM   #6
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Netflix has totally no tangible limits on usage, only number of devices that can connect simultaneously/download films/show or HD Quality. If it's just you get the cheaper package around £7.99 - if family/shared across the whole street get the £10 and each chip in 50p.

I had prime and found I watched little on there after initially watching what I wanted. Find I watch more on Netflix, admittedly often things I've seen before but as I pay for Netflix in place of a TV licence I can get them there rather than on 4OD or iplayer. I don't really dedicate much time to watching TV, just things I know I want to watch or have been recommended so Netflix over live suits me. Netflix used to do a free trial, get it and see if you'll make use.

Currently watching (that could be a thread in it's own right) The Queen's Gambit
Old 08-01-21, 12:56 PM   #7
Bri w

I've had Netflix for several years. Use it almost every day. Some good stuff on it. Also, you can have several friends/family using your subscription, totally legit. At less than 50p a day its not going to break the bank.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 02:31 PM   #8
SV650rules
Mega Poster

I have netflix and Now TV ( Sky ) entertainment pass and lately watch Now TV much more than Netflix ( hardly watch 'proper TV at all ). Couple of years ago got a Now TV stick from Currys PC world for about £15 and it had a months free viewing of Entertainment and Movie passes. TV stick works on WiFi and plugs into HDMI port on pretty much any TV, easy to set up for me good value, best of Sky Arts, Sky Atlantic and HBO. Payments monthly - I have let Now TV passes lapse a couple of times for months and just sign into account when you fancy another look at what they are offering - so no contract involved.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 03:20 PM   #9
Bibio
Mega Poster

i was sceptical at first but i aint candled my subscription. i would say amazon prime is a better deal but there is waaaaaayyyy to much advertising to paid channels and movies etc.etc.

btw just because you dont watch BBC does not mean that you dont need a tv licence. the tv licence is so you can receive a signal to your tv digital paid or otherwise. its basically if you have a tv that has any kind of receiver built in (this includes apps like bbc iplayer) then you need a licence. if everyone paid their licence fee the bbc would be a lot better.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 04:37 PM   #10
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
. if everyone paid their licence fee the bbc would be a lot better.
Not under the current creative management
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote