SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-05-20, 10:18 PM   #8121
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

my bank not send out my new debit card. lucky i have several bank accounts or i would be stuffed.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 04:11 PM   #8122
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Bennett's couldn't add the GSXR 750 to my current insurance policy with the VF as the current insurer doesn't accept crash bungs on the policy. Only the VFR has crash bung, and they're listed on the policy as was pointed out by the guy on the phone. He couldn't work it out and offered to start a whole new poilcy for me instead... ie cancel the VFR insurance, get stung with a cancellation fee and then reinsure with them at quite a high cost. I gave up and did it myslef taking out a new poilcy just for the GSXR with Carole Nash. Worked out cheaper. Bit of a pain having two policies though and of course the second poilcy takes no notice of my no claims I've built up.
Classic case of computer says no. Stupid thing is the GSXR 750 I had a few months back was on the Bennett's policy as a second bike and that had crash bungs too and was worth a lot more than this one, but only cost a small amount to add.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 04:29 PM   #8123
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Bennett's couldn't add the GSXR 750 to my current insurance policy with the VF as the current insurer doesn't accept crash bungs on the policy. Only the VFR has crash bung, and they're listed on the policy as was pointed out by the guy on the phone. He couldn't work it out and offered to start a whole new poilcy for me instead... ie cancel the VFR insurance, get stung with a cancellation fee and then reinsure with them at quite a high cost. I gave up and did it myslef taking out a new poilcy just for the GSXR with Carole Nash. Worked out cheaper. Bit of a pain having two policies though and of course the second poilcy takes no notice of my no claims I've built up.
Classic case of computer says no. Stupid thing is the GSXR 750 I had a few months back was on the Bennett's policy as a second bike and that had crash bungs too and was worth a lot more than this one, but only cost a small amount to add.

That's insane. Did he check with the underwriter? I've never really heard good things about bennetts, wonder if they were trying to make a bit of extra dosh. Carole nash have got a bit of a better name for what it's worth
Old 04-05-20, 05:14 PM   #8124
Kenzie

Why can't people follow simple instructions. Our Tesco has a one way system with arrows on the floor. The only people ignoring this are the idiots wearing masks and gloves. Everyone else seems to be able to follow.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 07:06 PM   #8125
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Ours has arrows too. They make no sense though. To get to the tills at the end of a shop I had to go the whole way around the edge of the shop again... and it's a huge hyper store. Got my daily excercise in at the same time as shopping!
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 07:14 PM   #8126
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
Why can't people follow simple instructions. Our Tesco has a one way system with arrows on the floor. The only people ignoring this are the idiots wearing masks and gloves. Everyone else seems to be able to follow.
Michael Gove made the point that people wearing masks in public get a false sense of security and do not follow distancing and other rules, he advised government to stick with social distancing for a while longer rather than telling public at large to wear masks. Bet there would be 'mask parties' advertised on internet --- ( especially in Manchester ).

Has anyone noticed the number of masks, wipes and rubber gloves abandoned in supermarket trolleys and on the carparks.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 07:54 PM   #8127
Bibio
Mega Poster

masks dont stop you getting infected, it helps stops you infecting others by reducing the infection distance.
Old 05-05-20, 09:01 AM   #8128
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
masks dont stop you getting infected, it helps stops you infecting others by reducing the infection distance.
That is exactly why surgeons wear them.... but mainly to stop bacteria ( which are 100 times larger than virus and also stop body fluids from surgeon ).

https://www.fastcompany.com/90483762...s-from-viruses

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 09:01 PM   #8129
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I hurt. Because I did something stupid.

Tried to climb up the 4ft stone wall onto the bank behind the house by bracing myself between the house wall and the bank wall. Obviously I fell off. Smacked the back of the top of my right arm on the corner of the house wall on the way down, and landed on my coccyx. Both now bruised and hurting.

Should have done the sensible thing and just gone for the stepladder.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 10:29 PM   #8130
Bibio
Mega Poster

WTF Gary, your like 6ft something, you muppet. hope you feel better soon as you have lots of veggies to take care of