SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-07-14, 02:34 AM   #11
Minty101

Default Re: Re: What exhaust system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
What do you want from it?

A full M4 system with race filter and remap saves weight and makes good power. It is, however, expensive overkill for 90 something percent of us who just want an end can for looks and a slightly nicer sound.

Jambo

Sent without a real keyboard
M4 is the one of the best you can get most of us minitwins run m4 systems
Old 11-07-14, 10:27 AM   #12
Foot

Default Re: Which exhaust? Pointy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetthy View Post
Yes I looked at the fuel after I realised that the one I linked isn't road legal as it is.
If I am wrong I'm very welcome to being told otherwise, but I think exhausts which aren't road legal is a bit of a grey area.
I think most manufactures if not all will say any exhaust with baffles removed won't be road legal - but then a lot of people
do remove baffles and don't get done for it. I gather plod will do you for it if they're really after any excuse, which I reckon
would only come about if you were riding like an idiot. If it can get past an MOT with just a 'noisy' comment, you should be fine!

I'm saying all this because I've just removed my lower plug out of my dual port blueflame exhaust, not too much louder but
so much deeper, sounds so nice. So probably not strictly road legal.. well the top port has a baffle in.. so - not too bad right?
Old 11-07-14, 10:57 AM   #13
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Default Which exhaust? Pointy.

There is a difference between mot passable and road legal...

Not 100% but as long as it doesn't say not for road use it's legal but not necessarily mot worthy.

I just swapped my micro mini fuel for a dan moto gp can, road legal but not mot worthy.

Conversely my mate has a micron race can on his gixer, passes mot but it not road legal thanks to the aforementioned stamp.

You can prob get away with a non mot worthy can as the pass is essentially discretion and as long as you aren't a k**b to the copper prob get away with it. But if it's not legal you are stuffed.

Personally I prefer having 2 legal cans, one that will go on for an afternoon every 12 months to get through mot and one that will make ears bleed for the other 11.99 months
Old 11-07-14, 10:59 AM   #14
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Plus sweethy has the issue of being legal in France which probably has different rules such as the ce mark etc
Old 11-07-14, 11:05 AM   #15
Sweetthy

Yes, fuel per example are not CE homologated but are uk homologated. But the issue is no longer, the bike (after the accident was beyond repair for the insurance)

Was actually collected this morning, really hard to see your pride and joy being loaded on a truck full of scrapped car.....

Now will have to wait for the claim to be settled and to feel better to look for the next ride!
Old 11-07-14, 11:07 AM   #16
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Gutted mate, it does suck.

Hope you grabbed any undeclared or rather unvalued shiny bits off it first!

When you get round to finding an alternative, have you considered getting a can in France?
Old 11-07-14, 11:15 AM   #17
Sweetthy

Yeah did took few bits, will certainly post the few parts when settle (in mean time feel free to pm me for a list)

For my next ride, I am looking at 600 hornet, or 750 gsr. But not really sure, will have to test ride. Like the triumph a lot but it is expensive and I understand it is very uncomfortable for a pillion - and it is a criteria the wife is pushing for!!