SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-04-05, 09:24 AM   #1

Default Bike Boots.....in the making????

Morning all.

Well, due to the size of me feet, and the lack of funds in the bank, i have never been able to buy some proper bike tboots, and so instaed have always worn materhorn or hitec comando boots, ideal as i have to waer capped boots or shes for work, and when i was commutning on the bike, meant i didnt have to carry an extra pair of boots!!

Now this morning my beloved boots have split, just on the side of the leather,

now thinking to trn the split ones into dedicated motorcycle boots and replace them with identical new ones for work!

sooooo somwhere i saw some bits u can stick onto boots ie sliders, metal heels, leather reinforcment, but im stumped as to where i saw them...... anyone got any ideas!!

btw i have size 15 feet, so if anyone finds some cheap motor bike boots in size 15 do let me know!!

cheers all

Alex
Old 13-04-05, 11:44 AM   #2
BillyC
Mega Poster

You're in the same boat as a friend of mine - Oliver.

Oliver always had big feet... he wasn't popular with his parents because he was wearing adult shoes by the time he was 5. He now has size 15-16 feet, and is pretty limited by the footwear he can buy.

Generally speaking, he orders shoes from the States. It seems that things like that are far more available over there. And cheaper! So perhaps have a look for some american based stores.
Old 13-04-05, 11:54 AM   #3

yea, my dad got sum materhorn boots from amaerica for £30!!!

they usually cost £200 here, the best boots i ever had,

Tell oliver to try Walk tall, or sum brantano stores have size 15 shoes!!

i found the bits, but i dont kno wif they will screw into the boots that i have atm!!

Alex
Old 13-04-05, 01:16 PM   #4
Halonic

Large feet?

http://www.altberg.co.uk/

Are always at BMF and will do custom sizes etc.
Old 13-04-05, 04:39 PM   #5
BURNER

Size 15 Bet you're a good swimmer tho....
Old 13-04-05, 05:29 PM   #6
embee
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halonic
Large feet?

http://www.altberg.co.uk/

Are always at BMF and will do custom sizes etc.
I got some Altberg bike boots and some walking boots last year. My recommendation is to go to their factory (if at all possible) in Richmond, Yorkshire. Make an appointment.

I wanted to see the boots in the flesh before buying, but after a few minutes with the guy there it became obvious that I needed a narrow fitting size 10, their standard 10 was way too loose for me.

They normally make most boots to order, though they do have a few pairs in stock. It just so happened that they had a pair of semi-narrow 10's in stock (they were made slightly narrow by mistake apparently!) which fitted me perfectly.

The walking boots they made to order, and because I walk mainly on hard surfaces (rather than soft tracks) they built them on a non-standard sole better suited. 2 months lead time, but standard price, and very well made boots.

They know about boots! The website is very informative, but remember that the details given there are "standard" spec, basically they can make whatever you want, and for example will fit waterproof linings to models which don't normally have it for a few quid extra. And they can rebuild your old boots with all new soles, insoles etc for about half the new price.

If you have really wild feet, they can make a dedicated last for you, though this does cost!

Thorougly recommended and superb quality and value.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-05, 06:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner
Size 15 Bet you're a good swimmer tho....

errrrr never heard that before

still to expensve, but yes would like sum decent boots eventually...just not with this yrs pay packet!

gonna stick sum bits on these ones i reckon, and get work to buy me sum new ones!!! they have to its...PPE u know!
Old 13-04-05, 06:49 PM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Just a word of caution about using steel toe caps on a bike.
There is a school of thought that you would be better off if they didnt have the toe cap...crush injuries are made worse by the fact that the steel wont decompress itself back to its previous shape but will maintain the pressure leading to a higer possiblility of lossing toes.

But when you're size 15 i guess you have to go with the best you can get.
As somone else said....try some yank sites. Some seriously tall and wide folk over there.

hth
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-05, 10:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Just a word of caution about using steel toe caps on a bike.
There is a school of thought that you would be better off if they didnt have the toe cap...crush injuries are made worse by the fact that the steel wont decompress itself back to its previous shape but will maintain the pressure leading to a higer possiblility of lossing toes.

But when you're size 15 i guess you have to go with the best you can get.
As somone else said....try some yank sites. Some seriously tall and wide folk over there.

hth
Cheers, the bots i have and most boots now adays hava plastic cap, designed to prevent injury and then like a helemt should be replaced i reckon,
i have found some boots for mx made by fly there only 99£ but have no idea how long they would last!! but nomonye, means get work to replace the ones i have been wearin there as the ones they bought me were crap and un wearable, !!!

have found the stick on bits i were after, and should cost me bout 20 squids to conver to hald decent bike designed boots!!!

cheers any way

Alex
Old 08-04-07, 11:03 PM   #10
ejohnh

Default Re: Bike Boots.....in the making????

I'm in a different boat - bit of a dinghy really. I take a skinny 7. Trouble is the boots of the right length are too loose really. Anyone know of a boot that is generally tighter than the norm?
John