SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-01-15, 10:23 AM   #11
EssexDave

Default Re: Mobiles

Ch00 I don't know how many minutes you use but Three have one for £15 a month which gives you unlimited data, texts and 100 minutes. If you can get away with Skype, then you're able to call people still with that.

That's certainly the contract I'm looking at because like you, I'm sick of paying over £30 per month for a phone that really I don't need and doesn't even do what I want. I miss the days of week long battery life!
Old 03-01-15, 06:06 PM   #12
TimTucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
Sarah has a year old MotoG 16G.
Its still going! this is a first for her.
Its a cracking smartphone for the money
I've had a MotoG 16G for a year as well. It is my first smartphone and I'm pleased with it. You get the "pure" Android experience without the bloatware, it runs reasonably quickly, the battery can last several days if you're as an infrequent user as I am, and it's not too big. I bought it SIM-free from Phones4U and then got myself a GiffGaff SIM.

My phone did die completely a few weeks ago, but I had no problem getting a replacement from Motorola under warranty.

Last edited by TimTucker; 03-01-15 at 06:07 PM.
TimTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15, 07:04 PM   #13
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: Mobiles

Just upgraded to a Sony Z3 compact. Decent sized, not overly huge like current top spec phones, battery will last for a few days, especially if you use the stamina setting and it just works.

The real bonus for me, is the fact it is waterproof to 1.5m, so should be able to withstand the occasional soaking in my pocket, when out on the bike.

It just works so well, compared to the Samsung & Iphones we also have in the house. The 3G reception is really good(don't get 4G up here), and yesterday in Burger King - the 3G was quicker than their wifi !!!

Had HTC & Samsung in the past - but I believe that the Sony is the best handset on the market, currently.

i won't touch Iphone or apple - cos of their controlling fascist ways and do not get a windows phone - pal of mine got one for xmas last year and hates it sooo much - even told his wife on boxing day it was a pile of crap - but she signed him up for 2 year contract as a present !!!! LoL
Old 04-01-15, 03:08 PM   #14
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atassiedevil View Post
I wouldn't normally plug a windows phone, but that might be exactly what you need.
They're not massively expensive, you get nokia's usually incredible build quality, and i would think they have all the apps you need. Buy it outright, then you're not nobbled by being tied to a particular carrier, so you can change as you please. Might be worth a thought.
I've had a Lumia for almost a year and still love it.
Hardly any apps but the usual suspects, but that's fine by me. Battery life is good, (and by that I mean a week if batt saver is on and light use with no push mail or whatsapp), camera is good, integration with onedrive is very good indeed, and for some reason all my music downloads have been free so far using the nokia music app.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-15, 09:41 PM   #15
Ch00

If your a Virgin customer they seem to have good deals on sim only. The top sim everything included is £20 and includes calls to 0800, 0845, 0870 and 0808 numbers.
Old 05-01-15, 01:19 PM   #16
Corny Gizmo

Would you look into getting the iphone 5 back up and running? probably only needs a new battery

Solid phones in my opinion, I have now got the Galaxy S5 but miss my iphone...
Old 05-01-15, 02:45 PM   #17
maviczap
Mega Poster

Moto G on a deal at Tesco

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/moto...ks-129-2108686

From all I've read, its a good solid phone. This ones better from the earlier ones, as it has an SD card slot.

I'm on my 2nd HTC phone, after upgrading and I really like mine, which is only the basic 500 desire.

I'd go for the MotoG or one of those waterproof Sony phones next time
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-15, 03:31 PM   #18
shiftin_gear98

My mother in law got the Moto G a while back, her first smart phone.
She roped me into setting it up for her, she loves it now.

I was impressed with the quality for a budget phone.

Still I prefer my Sony.
Old 05-01-15, 03:57 PM   #19
L3nny
Mega Poster

My HTC one is a great phone, always works really fast even after multiple updates.

I even like the HTC software, the news feed app is really good.

Only problem is the battery life, even with light use you'd never get a full day. Most of the time I have to put it on charge by lunchtime.

Next phone will be chosen on battery life alone, Nokia 3110 probably
Old 05-01-15, 04:17 PM   #20
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Try turning off 4G.
Do you have a stamina mode on HTC?