SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-10-16, 07:28 AM   #3741
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

There's one going round, I'm sitting in a van next to one of my team, who has a cold. Given to him by one of my other team members who came in at the weekend with a cold.
That's because we have a sicknesses policy that makes people come in when they are sick.

Another team member also has symptoms!
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-16, 09:34 AM   #3742
Red ones
Mega Poster

Sound like the sickness policy is working well.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-16, 08:14 AM   #3743
Swin

Yet another puncture! 3rd one in about 6 months now, really rotten luck!
Luckily, I have a PR4 in the garage ready to go on, so it's not quite as bad as it could have been
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-16, 02:04 PM   #3744
timwilky
Mega Poster

Ignorant sod. I don't know or care who he is, that takes exception to my dog barking at him whilst he is stood outside my house and starts shouting obscenities at the dog. As if the poor little rat understands "Shut the f*** up". and besides which he only takes instructions from me (and very rarely actually follows them out)

He is doing his job. Stranger! Alert. End of. I have talked with all my immediate neighbours, 2 of which have in the past been victims of burglary. All agree he is a pain in the **** at times. But would rather he barks at strangers than wag his tail.

I live in a small cul de sac. It is a road to no where, with no paths off etc. Nobody could justifiably claim that they are simply passing by. They need to be visiting a resident. So we see very few "strangers" and he reacts accordingly.
Old 06-10-16, 02:30 PM   #3745
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Ignorant sod. I don't know or care who he is, that takes exception to my dog barking at him whilst he is stood outside my house and starts shouting obscenities at the dog. As if the poor little rat understands "Shut the f*** up". and besides which he only takes instructions from me (and very rarely actually follows them out)

He is doing his job. Stranger! Alert. End of. I have talked with all my immediate neighbours, 2 of which have in the past been victims of burglary. All agree he is a pain in the **** at times. But would rather he barks at strangers than wag his tail.

I live in a small cul de sac. It is a road to no where, with no paths off etc. Nobody could justifiably claim that they are simply passing by. They need to be visiting a resident. So we see very few "strangers" and he reacts accordingly.
As you say, the little chap is doing his job quite correctly. If this oddball is hanging about with no good reason sounds like a good time to report him to the Rozzers - they're unlikely to be able to do anything if there is no crime being committed but you will have a record of it should you need to report him/similar in the near future. Repeat oddballs shows a possible pattern and is a little more likely to get a response from the boys in blue.
Old 06-10-16, 02:46 PM   #3746
timwilky
Mega Poster

A few years ago I was having a lazy day and still in bed when the wife walks in to say some one is behaving strange. They have been to the house over the road with the 4 rotties, talked to the old lady and left, but gone up another neighbours drive.

I obviously didn't see anything, but armed with the wifes description get dressed and walk up the neighbours drive to the fence for the rear garden and cannot see anything and leave.

How embarrassed am I a few hours later when the police are outside the neighbours and it turns out they have been burgled. I had drawn the line at not going into my neighbours rear garden from their drive at which point I would have seen the forced patio doors and been able to stop the burglar. We were at least able to give descriptions. Pity the old lady with the rotties had not let them loose.

Lesson learned and all neighbours agree. Any suspicions. You are quite welcome on our properties.
Old 06-10-16, 02:51 PM   #3747
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

There's a lane behind my house and the first time I walked down it a dog barked really loud at me from behind a garden fence. I had no idea it was there. It gave me such a fright my natural reaction was to say "shut the f up"

Think about it from their point of view Tim. The guy probably sht himself
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-16, 09:29 PM   #3748
Red ones
Mega Poster

People who swim breaststroke with a screw kick.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-16, 07:34 PM   #3749
phi-dan

Colleagues that call you at home time and ask if xyz system is fixed yet. No, because you didn't tell me it was broken in the first place.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
Old 13-10-16, 09:14 AM   #3750
maviczap
Mega Poster

Despite my flu jab not hurting at all when the needle went in yesterday, it has been aching like a ******* all night. So much so I got up at 03:50, because I couldn't get back to sleep & I was hungry.

No pain, no gain, but fed up with it aching so.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote