SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-02-14, 03:53 PM   #31
ClunkintheUK

Default Re: Personalised plate?

My Z4 had a irregular plate when I bought it. I was gonna change it, then couldn't be bothered, then figured that when its clean and polished, you just wouldn't be able to tell how old it was which was nice.

Best two plates I have seen are on a Jag XK and Range Rover on my commute. "2B" (always parked on the left) and "NOT 2B". They must have cost or now be worth well north of half a million, possibly closer to a million though given they are parked on a driveway on the Chelsea embankment, the guy who owns them is probably not short a bob or two.
Old 14-02-14, 05:19 PM   #32
SIII
Mega Poster

I am quite lucky in having a 3 letter surname, so i get ORR on my plate, not many with the surname, so easy to recognise it's mine. I only got it cos we bought a Discovery and the plate was SA 52 VDV. The missus flattly refused to drive around in a car that had VD !!! (same as STD for the young 'uns)

Only downside is when you sell the car, it costs £80 to transfer and the paperwork is a pain in the ****. just make sure you transfer / retain before you sell the motor. i got a quick sale and it caused all kinds of sh*te. Plus the insurance charge you another £20 to change their paperwork, Barstewards.
Old 14-02-14, 11:26 PM   #33
Mrs DJ Fridge

I have an old personalised plate (from before I was married 15 years ago!), I love it because it is mine, and it always reminds me of the day my dad brought it for me, I had been shooting at the national championships, came 5th my dad was really rude and asked me if there were only five people in the class, realised what a git he had been and brought it for me to apologise, the only time he has ever apologised, worth remembering.
Old 17-02-14, 12:12 AM   #34
SV-net

What is the plate Mrs D J Fridge, is it cool?
Old 17-02-14, 11:40 AM   #35
Minty101

I got r7oost on well had it on my sv when I got it no good to me now it's a race bike

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 17-02-14, 11:15 PM   #36
Mrs DJ Fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV-net View Post
What is the plate Mrs D J Fridge, is it cool?
Not particularly, just my initials, which was enough for me.
Old 19-02-14, 12:13 AM   #37
Lozzo

O L02ZO O

£250 inc transfer.

Old 19-02-14, 12:22 AM   #38
otaylor38

Thats good! Ever been pulled for illegal spacing?

After reading all your posts. Im gonna have to take the plunge! Only when iv got some money together though. The joys of having a car and a bike, im poor all the time now haha.
Old 18-03-14, 10:31 PM   #39
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Thought about this thread at the weekend. I had forgotten about my cousins numberplate on his race van he's had since he was 18 (or 21). He's always raced as 88 when he can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140315_122913.jpg (97.2 KB, 0 views)

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-14, 10:57 PM   #40
Bibio
Mega Poster

don't know about a private plate but i wish you would stop with the 'haha' at the end of every sentence.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote