SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-09-18, 08:25 PM   #1541
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The All new Reeder Megathread

What's up Lance?
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-18, 08:39 PM   #1542
Bibio
Mega Poster

usual shizz. OT not willing to budge on whats the correct equipment and action to take regarding modification to my house for the wife.

its looking like i'm going to have to put Mrs Bibs into care as i have no option due to my health and the OT not willing to budge on my request so they can now spend £1k a week caring for Mrs Bibs. fukem...
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-18, 08:53 PM   #1543
maviczap
Mega Poster

maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-18, 09:13 PM   #1544
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-18, 01:31 PM   #1545
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Typical I'm afraid. Bet they don't care because it comes out of a different departments budget. No common sence. Gutted for you.
Old 06-09-18, 01:53 PM   #1546
Bibio
Mega Poster

i'm sick and tired of being treated the way we are because we dont have CANCER.

if either one of us had cancer it would be yes sir no sir three bags full sir even though your going to die soon we will still spend lots of funds on you coz ermm you have cancer and your going to die..... news flash... we are all going to die, some sooner than later.
Old 06-09-18, 05:54 PM   #1547
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Sorry to hear that Bibster.
Old 06-09-18, 07:25 PM   #1548
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Must depend on the type of cancer then. I was in and out of hopital from 17th jan to 13th April and still officially on the sick. I was awarded ESA to the amount of £0.00 per week as I have a income of greater than £72 per week. Cheeky ****s sent me a threatering letter saying that if I didn't fill in the forms they had sent me they would be "forced" to reduce or withdraw my benefit, then another demanding information from my previous employer, then they sent me a P60 showing the amount of £0.00 for the year. I won't go on as the steam is starting to escape fron my boiling blood.
Old 07-09-18, 01:09 AM   #1549
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman2 View Post
Must depend on the type of cancer then. I was in and out of hopital from 17th jan to 13th April and still officially on the sick. I was awarded ESA to the amount of £0.00 per week as I have a income of greater than £72 per week. Cheeky ****s sent me a threatering letter saying that if I didn't fill in the forms they had sent me they would be "forced" to reduce or withdraw my benefit, then another demanding information from my previous employer, then they sent me a P60 showing the amount of £0.00 for the year. I won't go on as the steam is starting to escape fron my boiling blood.
your trying to claim for the wrong thing. you should be claiming PIP if your under 65 or Attendance Allowance if over 65. both will include a mobility component. its not income related as far as i know.

if you have a life insurance policy i would check the wording as a mate has had a recent payout on his for getting a stent put in due to a heart attack. the payout was either £300k or £500k cant remember exactly.

as for equipment then your entitled to a shizz load of stuff to be fitted in your home and a lot of it is free. in some circumstances your also entitled to other help such as financial if you can no longer make payments on your mortgage. its all slightly different in England.

remember that your wife or anyone for that matter is entitled to claim carers allowance if they care for you. its not means tested. they just need to do something that your not capable of doing for yourself like helping you get dressed or eating/preparing food. they dont even have to stay in the same house.

its worth making enquires mate and your first stop should be CAB then your Social Work and Occupational Therapist.

remember that they have a duty to inform you of what your entitled too if you ask. if they dont and at a later date you find out that you should have been told then you get everything back dated. i had a nice little payout from the job centre due to misinformation about carers allowance.

my gripe is not about the funding we receive from the Gov, its about the level of after care and equipment to allow me to care for my wife and as i said if either of us had cancer we would have equipment installed in the house tomorrow as pretty much all the funding is put aside for cancer patients these days as its cheaper to "install and convert" to let them die in their house with their family looking after them than put them in a care home. due to this the long term disabled have to suffer with very little funding but the rub is the long term would benefit the most from the funding in the long run. i seem to recall that on average a local council will save over £1m in 10 years keeping a disable person in their home instead of a care home..... this is why there is so much care in the community going on.
Old 07-09-18, 12:57 PM   #1550
Heorot

Bibs, a lot of the equipment supplies is down to the local authority dept responsible. The relevant dept for the council I worked for had a poor record of supplying stuff and there were so many complaints that investigators were sent to find out what the problem was. It turned out that they had spent their entire capital budget on buying new equipment and there was no cash left. This was despite them having a warehouse full of returned stuff. Because they were not recording the returns, they had no idea what they had in store so they always issued new. The dept was closed down and the function passed on to a private company that was subsequently shown to provide a better service for a lower cost to the council.

Having worked in 22 private companies before going to work at the council I was appalled at the bureaucracy and waste in the departments I was dealing with. Four years ago fifty back office jobs in Social Services were axed as a result of the reduction in the central government grant. There was no noticeable effect on the service provided.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote