SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-02-07, 11:28 AM   #1
monkey

Default Need tyre fitter in Middlesex. Recommendations?

If anyone can help.

I'm in Ruislip, wheels on.

Cheers.

Old 19-02-07, 11:55 AM   #2
5v5 rider

Default Re: Need tyre fitter in Middlesex. Recommendations?

I went to Feltham tyre Centre just off the bath road, they're good lads in there, cant remember how much they charge for rear but I just got my front tyre changed - wheels on - for £95 inc fitting?? Dont know if you'll find any better or not, you could try WLS in Bedfont...
Old 19-02-07, 12:01 PM   #3
Jelster

HGB Tyres in Rislip, Just make sure they don't rip you off. Get a quote before going and make sure you tell them "that's the price I was quoted" BEFORE they do any work.

At least they're on your doorstep. Other option is Ride In Tyres in Reading _ really decent bloke.

Old 19-02-07, 12:24 PM   #4
Kylie

Gary (GS Motorcycle Tyres) is great, his is a mobile service so he'll come to you. You'll probably pay a little more for the convenience but he's worth a call as he might be able to do you a deal.

Phone: 0118 692 9561
Mobile: 07702 391071
Old 19-02-07, 04:27 PM   #5
monkey

Tried HGB and they were asking 30 quid more than Colin Collins! Had a bit of an attitude too. Have read on here before that they're not great.
Old 19-02-07, 05:30 PM   #6
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
Tried HGB and they were asking 30 quid more than Colin Collins! Had a bit of an attitude too. Have read on here before that they're not great.
I sort of hoped by the way I suggested them that you may realise that they can have a sort of "take it or leave it" attitude.

They've been around for years though, so they must be doing something right...

Old 19-02-07, 06:35 PM   #7
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster View Post
I sort of hoped by the way I suggested them that you may realise that they can have a sort of "take it or leave it" attitude.

They've been around for years though, so they must be doing something right...

Well they're part of HGB and Daytona bikes in Ruislip Manor.
Old 19-02-07, 07:22 PM   #8
FG1

Make the effort and get down to George White in Slough. I had front and rear BT020's for about £190 with friendly service.
As I was riding home I noticed that the front had a slight wobble. Called them and they asked if it was possible to come back to the shop. I went back straight away and they had a look, apparently the front needed "dynamically" balancing as there was so much weight added.
I know that it was their job to correct the problem but, they were so "customer orientated" about the whole thing and that was the thing which impressed me.
Old 20-02-07, 07:28 PM   #9
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Ginger One View Post
Make the effort and get down to George White in Slough. I had front and rear BT020's for about £190 with friendly service.
As I was riding home I noticed that the front had a slight wobble. Called them and they asked if it was possible to come back to the shop. I went back straight away and they had a look, apparently the front needed "dynamically" balancing as there was so much weight added.
I know that it was their job to correct the problem but, they were so "customer orientated" about the whole thing and that was the thing which impressed me.
That's what I'm doing, cheers. Although a mechanic who works there and lives near me is taking the bike there for me. Hopefully the tyres will be on their way to fully scrubbed in when I pick her up!

Old 20-02-07, 07:33 PM   #10
Demonz

Wraysbury Tyres in Chertsey - http://www.wraysburytyres.co.uk/ - call them for a quote. Have always been the best price for me. They look after your rims too!