SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 24-03-11, 07:47 PM   #1
Talan

Default Llandow and the SV

A sweet day at Llandow, sunshine and empty track.

Old 24-03-11, 08:09 PM   #2
GixxerMatt

Default Re: Llandow and the SV

i read an article about you in a magazine last month i actually feel honored even speaking to you what your doing is inspiring, top bloke
Old 24-03-11, 08:16 PM   #3
Berlin

Fantastic!

Old 24-03-11, 11:41 PM   #4
Chandler93

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerMatt View Post
i read an article about you in a magazine last month i actually feel honored even speaking to you what your doing is inspiring, top bloke
I agree with you!
Loving the SV btw Talan!
Wish I had the gonads to actually book and attend a track day haha!
I'm too scared to trash my bike though =[

Keep up the good work!
Old 25-03-11, 08:36 AM   #5
Rai86

It was a brilliant day and was great to see you riding
Old 25-03-11, 04:15 PM   #6
Talan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler93 View Post
I agree with you!
Loving the SV btw Talan!
Wish I had the gonads to actually book and attend a track day haha!
I'm too scared to trash my bike though =[

Keep up the good work!
Thank you for the encouragement and support. I appreciate it, especially on days like today when:
1) I get investigated for Benefit Fraud, because someone wrote in and complained about me, saying that I couldn't possibly be disabled because I went skiing!
2) The ACU are being a bit slow to realise I understand the inherent risks of motorcycle racing!

Come on a track day, it's awesome. Castle Combe (yes I know they are a bit strict on noise limits) run a really good 'New to Track' programme, so you don't go out in a group with anyone who's a regular track day loon.

Cheers

Talan
Old 25-03-11, 04:42 PM   #7
Chandler93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talan View Post
Thank you for the encouragement and support. I appreciate it, especially on days like today when:
1) I get investigated for Benefit Fraud, because someone wrote in and complained about me, saying that I couldn't possibly be disabled because I went skiing!
2) The ACU are being a bit slow to realise I understand the inherent risks of motorcycle racing!

Come on a track day, it's awesome. Castle Combe (yes I know they are a bit strict on noise limits) run a really good 'New to Track' programme, so you don't go out in a group with anyone who's a regular track day loon.

Cheers

Talan
- I don't understand why someone would do that =/
Maybe they're just jealous?
- Can you not just sign a form saying you understand the consequences and dangers of racing and you are willing to take the risk?

I'm up for doing a track day... But I wouldn't do it on my own bike, I'd hate to bin it! And I'd also have to find somewhere closer as Castle Combe is down south and I'm a Northener =P

Mike.
Old 25-03-11, 06:03 PM   #8
Nick_69

Quote:

Cheers

Talan
Its excellent what your doing, if you ever need help at a track day or doing one let me know and i will come down

Now GSXR 600 K9
Nick_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-11, 10:23 PM   #9
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:

Cheers

Talan
Mate seriously keep it up!
There is always a c*** to try and ruin it!

You much further with the ACU?

If anyone isn't sure what Gixxer matt is on about
http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/...ods/Talan1.jpg
http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/...ods/Talan2.jpg
http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/...ods/Talan3.jpg
http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/...ods/Talan4.jpg
http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/...ods/Talan5.jpg

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by andrewsmith; 25-03-11 at 10:25 PM.
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-11, 08:53 PM   #10
Talan

There has been a change in the ACU, so I am writing this weekend to appeal against their decision which stops me form racing in multi-bike starts. They seem to concerned that I might fall off, and that I might not like it!!! I have already come off the SV at 70mph and slid along the track like everyone else....it's part of the fun and excitement. I hope they see reason this year. Also entered in the No Budget Cup, so at least I should get to race in one form or another.

Talan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsmith View Post