SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-01-07, 04:47 PM   #1
zedleppelin1981

Default Hot 2007

Yey! Lots of biking time to be planned...............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6228765.stm

Plus, as I suffer with eczema, the hotter it is, the better I am/feel

Bring it on!!!
Old 04-01-07, 04:48 PM   #2
DanAbnormal

Oh yeah baby, me and my Z1000 will be tearing up the Bracknell Industrial estate!
Old 04-01-07, 04:54 PM   #3
Tomcat

"However, the UK experienced the warmest year on record in 2006, according to Met Office figures released alongside the global forecast. " .................................

Well I remember enough days of wanting to go for a blast and the weather being its usual sh*te ..... so I ain't getting my hopes up just yet. (well I am but I ain't going to admit it!)
Old 04-01-07, 04:55 PM   #4
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat
"However, the UK experienced the warmest year on record in 2006, according to Met Office figures released alongside the global forecast. " .................................

Well I remember enough days of wanting to go for a blast and the weather being its usual sh*te ..... so I ain't getting my hopes up just yet. (well I am but I ain't going to admit it!)
Actually yeah, it will probably be roasting but also p*ssing it down.
Old 04-01-07, 04:59 PM   #5
Ed

We'll all be taxed to death to combat global warming, we'll all sit out in the sun too much and get skin cancer anyway, and besides we'll have no water to drink
Old 04-01-07, 05:04 PM   #6
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed
We'll all be taxed to death to combat global warming, we'll all sit out in the sun too much and get skin cancer anyway, and besides we'll have no water to drink
Plus fuel will be so expensive we will not be able to afford to run our bikes. AND we will get taxed by the mile, we'll have to adhere to the speed limit otherwise the GPS system we had to buy for £200 will inform the Police and automatically fine us.

The Future is bright...........
Old 04-01-07, 05:08 PM   #7
Tomcat

I understand that this thread was intended to be positive ..... we have collectively turned it into a whinge about our Great Britain .................

I won't mention the road surface, speed cameras, and general irritations that can spoil a perfectly pleasant thread about the joys of riding our machines of elegance and beauty then!
Old 04-01-07, 05:22 PM   #8
zedleppelin1981

[quote="Tomcat"]I understand that this thread was intended to be positive ..... we have collectively turned it into a whinge about our Great Britain ................. [quote]

Dan, the Southern Industrial Estate (as it's known, the one with BMW, Siemens & Waitrose) is fantastic on a Sunday; not traffic, no plod. Will be using it to improve my cornering. Cheaper than a track day
Old 04-01-07, 06:07 PM   #9
Demonz

[quote="zedleppelin1981"][quote="Tomcat"]I understand that this thread was intended to be positive ..... we have collectively turned it into a whinge about our Great Britain .................
Quote:

Dan, the Southern Industrial Estate (as it's known, the one with BMW, Siemens & Waitrose) is fantastic on a Sunday; not traffic, no plod. Will be using it to improve my cornering. Cheaper than a track day
Aha - now I know where the locals play.

Dan - have you got the bike yet???
Old 04-01-07, 07:44 PM   #10
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed
and besides we'll have no water to drink
I will, it'll be hot and raining up here 2006 was a damn good year though, weather wise.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote