SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-07-18, 01:51 PM   #5951
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
the advice i got was along the same lines except that they are out to kill you. its getting worse with this "dont care" attitude of people these days. saying that its not too bad up here in Jockland due to the low population.
"don't care attitude". That's an interesting comment. I've noticed that too. I wasn't sure if it was just stupidity. I was driving down a narrow side road in my village the other day. It twists and turns quite a bit plus there are cars parked outside houses to make it even trickier. Most people would be cautious and keep to about 20mph but on this occasion Mr Insignia though it was okay to do 40 around a left hand blind bend and overtake a parked car too just as I was coming in the other direction. He had no choice but to jump on the brakes. He then have me dagger eyes like it was my fault. Why would you overtake like that, is it the don't care attitude or just stupidity?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-18, 03:20 PM   #5952
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
"don't care attitude". That's an interesting comment. I've noticed that too. I wasn't sure if it was just stupidity. I was driving down a narrow side road in my village the other day. It twists and turns quite a bit plus there are cars parked outside houses to make it even trickier. Most people would be cautious and keep to about 20mph but on this occasion Mr Insignia though it was okay to do 40 around a left hand blind bend and overtake a parked car too just as I was coming in the other direction. He had no choice but to jump on the brakes. He then have me dagger eyes like it was my fault. Why would you overtake like that, is it the don't care attitude or just stupidity?

I have noticed that as well as the widespread aggressiveness of BMW / Audi drivers that Vauxhall Insignia drivers can also be pretty bad in the that area as well, wonder if it has anything to do with insignia being designed and built in Germany ?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 03-07-18 at 03:24 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 03:23 PM   #5953
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Depression. Yesterday, really unpleasant sharp bout of it, exacerbated by an incident that occurred during the afternoon.
Sometimes it makes me want to scoop my brain out and leave it somewhere till it starts behaving again.
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 03:24 PM   #5954
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Only an Opel in drag
Old 03-07-18, 03:26 PM   #5955
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
I have noticed that as well as the widespread aggressiveness of BMW / Audi drivers that Vauxhall Insignia drivers can also be pretty bad in the that area as well, is insignia designed / built in Germany ?
People used to talk about "rep cars". That is traveling reps that had company cars for their business usually Mondeo's and Cavaliers. They had a terrible reputation as drivers presumably because it wasn't their car. maybe that's where the "don't care" attitude comes from

Old 03-07-18, 03:29 PM   #5956
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Depression. Yesterday, really unpleasant sharp bout of it, exacerbated by an incident that occurred during the afternoon.
Sometimes it makes me want to scoop my brain out and leave it somewhere till it starts behaving again.
Not nice. Do you think you might be bi-polar? That seems to give big mood swings, not that I'm any expert in these matters but it made me think of a programme that Steven Fry did a few years back about his problems.

Old 03-07-18, 03:33 PM   #5957
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
People used to talk about "rep cars". That is traveling reps that had company cars for their business usually Mondeo's and Cavaliers. They had a terrible reputation as drivers presumably because it wasn't their car. maybe that's where the "don't care" attitude comes from

Either this, or it's because there are no consequences.anymore. If you crash it won't hurt much, thanks to all the tech in cars.

No prosecutions that mean much now.

Even if you kill someone, it's hard to get sent down these days.

So what does it matter, just a bit of inconvenience, with a good solicitor, you'll escape most charges, except drink/drug driving, as the evidence stands up.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 03:34 PM   #5958
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Not sure John. Could be I suppose. Suffered with short bouts of it for years but they're generally mild enough for me to be aware of what it is, if that makes sense. Just occasionally get a bad one. Weird, as they sometimes come and go just over the course of a few hours. Absolutely fine today!
Old 03-07-18, 03:36 PM   #5959
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Not nice when the black dog calls
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 03:49 PM   #5960
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Not nice when the black dog calls
It was biting the backs of my legs yesterday Mav. Fortunately my lovely grey dog was on hand to provide some solace!

Mabel
by garynortheast, on Flickr