SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 02-09-08, 09:25 AM   #1
magicrat

Default Anyone heading to Stormin the Castle this weekend?

Don't know if theres many people who do rallies on this forum? but I've certainly seen a few SVs at various rally sites...
Old 02-09-08, 09:58 AM   #2
wow

Default Re: Anyone heading to Stormin the Castle this weekend?

Yep got into rallies this year, going to my fourth one in 2 weeks. I've heard Stormin the Castle is a good one but it's up north and I'm happier going to rallies in the south. I only see one or two SVs at rallies, but it doesn't matter to me. Have fun.
Old 02-09-08, 11:17 AM   #3
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I used to go to a few rallies. The yellow SV has seen more of them them than me, as Im Indoors owned her before me. I personally wouldn't go to anything with more than 1000 peeps attending as it gets too big. Im Indoors has been to farmyard a few times, and said it had got too big these days. The last one I went to was Perverts in Leather a few years back and Wozwolf, which I absolutlely loved. I don't really have the time now, and for that reason stick with the SV rideouts.

Don't be put off with the image of tractor riders with big beards that attend rallies, as alll are welcome and they are all there for the same reason,,,to let their hair down, get blathered and have a jolly good time
Stormin Castle is a very large rally, and compared to a smaller rally is quite expensive, tickets especially

HTH

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-08, 10:28 AM   #4
magicrat

Yeah, tis quite pricey for a rally, but to be fair the main reason that I'm goin is to see the Levellers who are headlining - to me they justify the £22 ticket price.

Sayin that however, lookin at the weather forecast I'm not lookin forward to it quite so much now! My wifes sending me out to get her a pair of wellies for the weekend!
Old 04-09-08, 11:12 AM   #5
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

lol.. the levellers are a good excuse to go. yeah i'd ask her to get you a plastic mac while your at it..for the finishing touch, can't wear wellies with out one I have now come to the conclusion that i would rather not walk round in my bike gear all weekend and ruin it for good, so usuallu pack crap waterproofs as backup!

Old 04-09-08, 06:36 PM   #6
orose

Wozwolf was good this year too, but not to me - lost a glove and broke a sidepod on my helmet with a bungee strap. Such is life, I guess.

I'll be doing Excalibur in October though, so I must be going strange in the head.
Old 04-09-08, 06:55 PM   #7
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by orose View Post
Wozwolf was good this year too, but not to me - lost a glove and broke a sidepod on my helmet with a bungee strap. Such is life, I guess.

I'll be doing Excalibur in October though, so I must be going strange in the head.

We liked Wozwolf, theres some pics on their website (or is it Smurfs?) of us silly lot from when we went years ago! Do they stil keep numbers under 1000 and have it at Newark showground?

As for strange in the head...everyones strange at a rally...lol October will probably be the indian summer we've all been waiting for!

Old 04-09-08, 07:24 PM   #8
orose

Think there might have been some changes somewhere - still a strict limit (basically pre-book only), but at a site near Melton Mobray. Some of the people wandering about suggested that the bar manager at the showground had a bit of a strop when he found he wasn't selling half as much beer as the clubs real ale bar