SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-03-05, 03:40 PM   #1
Stig

Default Where are the good roads???????????

I have been exploring the local roads where I live and have found a couple of ok ish roads, but have been unable to find any that I would call good. Is there anyone in my area that know of any good roads that I can go test?

Cheers
Old 28-03-05, 03:55 PM   #2
SPeeeeDY

there are a few roads round spain and france that are good. If you pay for accomodation i will show you the route

SPeeeeDY
Old 28-03-05, 04:01 PM   #3
chazzyb

Dunno, but I was on the A28 south of Ashford this morning (09:30 ish) - lovely road, loads of bends for 45-55 mph. When I came back again 12:30 ish, Joe Public was out doing 35 mph on the way to the garden centre.
Old 28-03-05, 04:56 PM   #4
lynw

I have to say the entire A28 from Hastings through to Margate is an absolutely outstanding road.... aside from Ashford and Canterbury town centres its a combination of twisties and straights all the way... tis my fave....

when Im better and back on the SV possibly looking to do that one weekend.... run down the a259 via lydd/camber to hastings and up the a28....

anyone up for that?
Old 28-03-05, 04:59 PM   #5
Stig

Did I mention that I was asking for LOCAL roads. Im sure I did
Old 28-03-05, 05:14 PM   #6
lynw

well its local to me..... if youre ever down this way will take you... goooooood road
Old 28-03-05, 05:27 PM   #7
chazzyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe
Did I mention that I was asking for LOCAL roads. Im sure I did
You sure did, but we thought we'd better chip in to break the deadly silence. :P
Old 28-03-05, 05:33 PM   #8
Peter Henry

Ape...get your leathers and your sun blocker packed mate! Andalucia is biking heaven!
Old 28-03-05, 05:42 PM   #9
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Ape...get your leathers and your sun blocker packed mate! Andalucia is biking heaven!
Yeah I know, went through that region when a few freinds did the Malaga or bust trip from Santander. Fantastic times were had. I have also been given the all clear for another trip abroad by Mrs Ape. Unfortunatly, funds dictate otherwise

that might be why she agreed
Old 28-03-05, 07:31 PM   #10
wheelnut

Head over towards Marlborough and across to Calne or down the A350 to get some chish and fips from the south coast.

Even the Fosse from Swindon up to Banbury is good, bit further away but I used to end up in Newbury when I lived in Banbury :P