SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 20-11-06, 02:21 PM   #1
Jimmy2Feet

Default Advice for a night out in bristol please!!!

Right well me the other half and another couple are heading to Bristol this weekend for a night out, part of out do something different once a month plan!!! i have been there once before for my cousins stag doo this time last year, and i well enjoyed it. hence going again, what i would like to know if any1 can help is the following!!

the area that i stayed in and mainly went out in last time was great had a good variety of bars, clubs, and restaurants, but i cant remember ware it is, all i can remember is that there was a church on a corner which was on my left as we walked from the hotel into Town, then as we walked down keeping the church on our left the road kinda forked left and right with bars etc down each one, i remember there being a place down the left road of the fork being called the blue bar or something like that!!
does any1 know ware this is, does it make sense to any1 etc!! wouldn't mine going back to that part of Bristol for a night out again!!!

secondly ware can people recommend going for a night out in Bristol ware is good, ware should we avoid etc!!!

i understand that this is a bit of a vague question to ask but any help would be appreciated!!!
Old 20-11-06, 04:46 PM   #2
the white rabbit

If your up for drinking then centre near Corn Street, Kings Street good. Then on round the waterfront to the area at the bottom of Park Street near Watershed, @bristol and the IMAX etc. Mix of a few old style pubs and new bars etc with some big clubs (e.g. Oceana).

Whiteladies Rd and Park Street itself are student land some decent bars and clubs and some awful clubs.

Clifton village itself quieter out of uni term, some nice pubs less bars.

Put it this way, I avoid the former two friday, saturday night
Old 20-11-06, 05:12 PM   #3
Jimmy2Feet

wicked cheers mate, so if we aim for the high street, corn street area we should be safe, is this near the sports cafe, as i have heard that it is really cool in there, apparently they have rossi's 04 season bike in there, which i would be up 4 seeing up close!!!

also do you recognize ware i mean when i say about the "blue bar" or something like that, i cant remember exactly what it is called but i am sure it is called blue something, quite a small place when you first walk in, then you go through to the back and it opens up into a place with a dance floor etc, and the seats are set up into like round cubicles almost, hard to explain, but that place itself wasn't amazing but there was some places around there that were well cool!!!
Old 20-11-06, 05:42 PM   #4
suzsv650

the blue bar sounds like it would be the Blue monkey at the botom of Park St

ive never been in there be for so wouldnt be able to tell you whats inside

other good places are ramshakle or known as carling acadmy on frogmore st if ur into your rock

ociana is good if ur dressed up i.e shoes n shirt (im a rocker lol)

if u want a quiet drink try comercal rooms on Corn St nice in there cheep too!!

ummm

places that i think are poo

festa harvana on corn St

Toad on corn St aint that good

Evo ( its new name of soma to do with Si soma) wel its on the water front aitn that gr8

but over all if u like your pop/hip hop what ever they call popular music go to ociana ive never been there as i refuse to wear shoes but ive been told its the best place
Old 20-11-06, 06:03 PM   #5
carlos

Went to Oceana back in March for a mate's birthday, it wasn't too bad to be fair. There are some pretty imaginative themes going on with the rooms - log cabin, boudoir,etc. - but by far the best was the dance floor that lit up like an old Micahel Jackson disco dancefloor (oh and that room had a female to male ratio of at least 10 to 1 ).

Only real complaint was even though you usually pay more to get into places on a Saturday this was pretty steep compared to what I'm used to, drinks were pretty pricey too.

Still, there's lots of bars down there that we went in which were pretty good and will probably go back for another night out there sometime next year.
Old 20-11-06, 06:26 PM   #6
Jimmy2Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsv650
the blue bar sounds like it would be the Blue monkey at the botom of Park St

ive never been in there be for so wouldnt be able to tell you whats inside

other good places are ramshakle or known as carling acadmy on frogmore st if ur into your rock

ociana is good if ur dressed up i.e shoes n shirt (im a rocker lol)

if u want a quiet drink try comercal rooms on Corn St nice in there cheep too!!

ummm

places that i think are poo

festa harvana on corn St

Toad on corn St aint that good

Evo ( its new name of soma to do with Si soma) wel its on the water front aitn that gr8

but over all if u like your pop/hip hop what ever they call popular music go to ociana ive never been there as i refuse to wear shoes but ive been told its the best place

I would be well up 4 going to the Carling academy depending who is there that is!!! but not really the cup of tea of all the others!! i myself and rock bread thru and thru!! METALLICA BABY!!!! lol
but when we go out its more so get the shoes out, and would prefer to go places that play the more commercial rock, killers, **** like that, and/or places that play **** that is fun and you can have a dance to when you are a little ****ed up!!! bit of MJ or the occasional Greece medley!!! **** like that, not ones for our gangster hip hip tho!!!
Old 20-11-06, 07:21 PM   #7
the white rabbit

Bluemonkey is a bit rubbish I think. Do you mean Aqua? Anyway, you wont go far wrong Corn St /King St. No idea where sports bar is. Walkabout on Corn St popular with the ****ed up crew.
Old 20-11-06, 07:57 PM   #8
suzsv650

o cool well in carling the upstairs room is metal like system, tallica, pantera

downstairs is a bit more comercal ive herd faithless and chemical brothers and then some other american pop like panic at the disco and all that

if u want classic

you wona go to reflex basicly oposite sports barr and next to bar me

they have poles u can dance on and play 80s stuff VERY funny night out its been named " grab a granny" LOL!!!!!!

reflex is my second fav with carling at 1st altho ive been to carling so many times now its startign to get boring lol
Old 20-11-06, 08:31 PM   #9
hovis

dont go to lacota? night club i got mugged @ knife point by i big black guy, very long time ago
Old 20-11-06, 08:58 PM   #10
suzsv650

HA lacota!!! tis like chave central init safe man! blood! HAHA!!!