SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 01-12-13, 01:56 PM   #1911
granty92

Default Photo a day 2013

Needed a fluid change bad!! Didn't realise how bad though
Old 01-12-13, 04:16 PM   #1912
Brettus

Default Re: Photo a day 2013

Wow, old stuff looks like treacle... mmmm treacle.

Richie, that third one is my favourite, you could pass that off as the acropolis itself. Nicely framed moon in there too, really adds to it.

Mister_C, ahhh now I see, nice. I've tried some shots like that but they never have a background so whilst the DOF draws you in, you get lost in the image as there is nothing to stop your eyes wandering. That really works well though, good shot sir!
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 04:42 PM   #1913
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Wandered into London to meet up with my old uni mates for our annual natter and headed to the City beforehand. 30 St Mary Axe (The Gerkin) is more reflective than I realised.

Was looking for a nice angle to get some odd pipework shots of Lloyds of London and found Channel 4 is building a real life version of those blocks that say "4" from the right perspective just next door (or at least it seems that's what's going on).

Then it started to drizzle so I headed for the nearest cover and found myself on the set of Harry Potter. I had no idea Leadenhall Market was right next to the modernist Lloyds building. Hovered close-ish to the guide you can see leading the group and she was saying some of the Diagon Alley shots were filmed in and around this hidden gem. Must come back here with a better camera one day.

After that it was off to meet the lads for beer and chat and I'm only now actually awake enough to upload things. Was a good day!

Odd to see Brett and Richie had almost too much light in some of their night shots. The light pollution though I think adds another almost ethereal dimension to those shots so I rather like them. I had not enough light - it was very gloomy in London yesterday, but it gives me an excuse to go back on a nicer day, and as that part of The City is totally deserted on a Saturday I won't have the sorts of crowds I found in Covent Garden where I met the lads. Nice Chrimbo baubles there mind...

Old 01-12-13, 06:16 PM   #1914
Brettus

Did a reconnoiter of the dark area of North Wales where I'd seen some subjects, not a good day but ended up with a few shots I decided to upload:

K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
Old 01-12-13, 09:36 PM   #1915
Bibio
Mega Poster

took this the other night as i thought the sky was amazing.

Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 11:05 PM   #1916
Brettus

anyone else got "Smoke on the Water" in their head?
Quote:
Old 02-12-13, 07:22 AM   #1917
BanannaMan

Braved the cold for the 116 mile round trip to my favorite biker pub.
Was the only biker there but granted was nearly 3:00 pm when I arrived, a few locals wandered in.
They have the best pizza I've ever had anywhere.

Been a few weeks since i've been able to get away on the bike and as usual that tends to make me misbehave more.
Luckily there were no police patroling the countryside roads this afternoon!
Although there may be a few villagers along the way who briefly thought they were at the IOM!

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-13, 08:39 AM   #1918
Brettus

Some of the best therapy can be had with a twist of the wrist
Quote:
Old 02-12-13, 09:19 AM   #1919
fenjer

Been away for the weekend, went to Knowsley Safari Park on Saturday. The lions were being a bit feisty!

And on Sunday SV4ME was running the 5k Santa Dash in Liverpool along with 9,000 other santa's so I went along to watch. Managed to get a couple of pictures, which was no mean feat in the massive crowds!

Old 02-12-13, 04:50 PM   #1920
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

They were not the Droids I was looking for!