SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 10-06-14, 04:27 PM   #191
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed
Default Re: I can't believe it? Independence?????

A lot of folk would go for that. Last year there was a rash of "Home Rule" posters on road sign-age all over the region.
Old 10-06-14, 04:37 PM   #192
Bibio
Mega Poster

basically make the A689 the border but Scotland get the road and 3000ft south of it
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 08:33 PM   #193
fenjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca View Post
Firstly I look at the facts of what my job is. I'm employed to pay pensions to the UK services. If we get independence will that office need the same amount of staff to pay a quarter of the payroll? I highly doubt it, and why would the government in a separate country allow their forces to be paid from another independent state. They wouldn't.

If you can prove my job will be as safe in an independent Scotland go for it.

Sorry but I happen to like my job I happen to like my house and my life why would I vote for something that could ferk that up. You basically want me to play Russian Roulette with my job. Before you say they could move my job anytime yes they could but the office I work in has been where it is for 30 years, and theres less chance of it being moved if I live in the UK!

YES I love being Scottish there's nothing better but I also like being Brittish. (stuff)
No-ones job is safe, the UK services could move your job to England or India at the drop of a hat if they wanted to. You play Russian roulette with your job every time you get on a bike - we all do, or every time you post on Facebook - again we all do. That's a moot point as I've already said.

You like your house and life because it fits the status quo and you dont have kids who you need to send to nursery, or school, or to doctors, or dentists, you dont have disabled dependants or elderly relatives who've had their disability benefits or pension ripped from them after working all their lives.
You may or may not have felt the true impact of the Wesminster dictat that has been spewed out of there in the last few years.

And you love being British so much that you can't even spell it.

The benefits that are reaped from the taxation systems in Sweden or Norway are vast compared to what we get here, for example, if you were off work sick in sweden you are still paid 80% of your wages, if you were to have kids, your wife would get 480 days of maternity leave at 80% of her wage, her antenatal care, postnatal care, care in hospital would be state funded, there are subsidised nursery places, satisfaction and living standards and life expectancy are much higher.

I don't for a second envisage that Scotland would raise it's taxes to that level, as Bibio said that would be suicide, but a minimal rise with a reduction in business rates to attract businesses in return for better standards of living, better education and health care, better pensions and care in our old age...

Having read the budgets for 2014-2015 today on the Scottish Government website it amazes me to see how much we roll over and allow Westminster to walk over us, and in comparison with proposed spending and budgets that we could have if we got independence it makes perfect sense to vote yes.

We have the ability to make Scotland one of the great contributors to the large economic playing field, lets do it.
Old 25-06-14, 09:19 PM   #194
The Idle Biker

Interesting speech. I would never have thought he would have felt like this.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeeh...-independence/
Old 25-06-14, 10:25 PM   #195
TamSV
Mega Poster

George is old Scottish Labour. It would be surprising if he was anything other than pro-union.

He wants a courtesy extended to his argument that he refuses to give to the other side.

If he thinks this debate is about Bannockburn or WW2 then, for me, he's out of touch.
TamSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-14, 10:31 PM   #196
Bibio
Mega Poster

and you believe anything that comes out that man's mouth he is a fekin arzz full stop.

a worn out dodgy politician who is clutching at straws and will jump into bed with any party that will have him

the Canadians would not let him into their country, what does that tell you.

next.....
Old 25-06-14, 10:40 PM   #197
TamSV
Mega Poster

I'm actually quite fond of him. On certain subjects I find myself agreeing with him. On this one, I don't.
Old 26-08-14, 12:09 PM   #198
Bibio
Mega Poster

debate between Salmond and Darling last night from what i heard has a crowd percentage of 71% in favour of Salmond and the Yes vote. they are predicting the biggest turnout in Scottish history to turn up at the polling stations and reckon 80% of the Scottish population will be voting on the referendum.

a little over 3 weeks to go so make your minds up folks.
Old 26-08-14, 01:10 PM   #199
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

I declare invasion of Wales

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-14, 12:14 AM   #200
TamSV
Mega Poster

Saw this trailer on Sky. Made me chuckle. Best thing I've seen in the debate so far

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.