SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 04-02-10, 03:52 PM   #3961
Warthog

Default Re: The TV Mini Mehga thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
Just melted one of indium / tin sputter targets. I was showing one of my colleagues when a bit fell in my tea. I fished it out and continued to drink said tea. I now feel ill. Bugger. Off to chuck up soon I think.
Phil go chuck up or get a doctor, that sentence made no sense at all! Heavy metal poisoning alert!
Old 04-02-10, 03:57 PM   #3962
philbut

No, I'm OK now. I just ate a banana and feel much better. I googled the toxicity levels for tin and indium - both are pretty low. The sentence made no sense as I am dyslexic and can't type
Old 04-02-10, 04:49 PM   #3963
Warthog

ah thats good haha, you plonker. Placebo effect of knowing it fell in there hey!
Old 04-02-10, 08:11 PM   #3964
sam anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
First May bank holiday weekend. Same place as last time. Rain or shine. Any takers?
I'm already camping in May, just outside a town called Le Man I think. Apparently there's some kind of race on, MotoGP or something?

Get in!
Old 06-02-10, 08:17 AM   #3965
Stig

Well I have finally decided what I am going to do. After months of will I won't I. I am breaking the SV. I thought quite a bit about using the SV as a project and doing things to it that I really wanted and then bringing it out when the job was done. But the truth is I have too much going on to ever be able to afford the time required to spend on a project. Then there is the expense. There will always be 'other' things the money could be better spent on. So I will break the SV and use the money to do some serious things to the YZF. That way I don't have to dip my hand in my pocket too much for some nice things for the YZF. One bike will pay for the other. Hopefully I will be moving beginning of March. In April the garden will have a nice double door shed in it. Once that happens, things will start. 1st will be the strip down of the SV, then the work will start on the YZF. First will be new bouncy bits and then new clothes. I'll be sort of sad to see the SV go, but at the end of the day it's only a bike. Roll on March when my motorcycling activities begin again. Hopefully I will be road legal again before the AR. Still not looking forward to that phone call to the insurance company though.
Old 08-02-10, 11:35 AM   #3966
Warthog

Shame to hear about the SV being broken, but it sounds like a solid plan, and that is a good thing! It will get you back on the road and happier so that's cool.

Shouldn't have any problem selling the tank and panels, just contact the Aquafresh factory to see if they want any promotional vehicles
Old 08-02-10, 01:00 PM   #3967
Stig

I have quite a few spares as well. tank, rear faring, wheel, all sorts of bits and bobs. I am not sure Aquafresh would see it the same way as you.
Old 08-02-10, 01:01 PM   #3968
Stig

On another note I went to the dentist this morning and the injections are just starting to wear off. At last I will be able to have a coffee without spilling it all down my front and looking like John Merrick.
Old 08-02-10, 01:15 PM   #3969
sam anon

Hi Ape,

As Warthog said, good that you've got a plan, it'd be good to see you on the road soon.
Old 08-02-10, 01:22 PM   #3970
Sosha

Sounds like a pan.

A cunning plan.

A cunning plan that bares no similarity to a Baldric cunning plan.

Less you just flog the SV when it warms up a bit.