SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 03-02-16, 09:09 PM   #1
Fordward

Default Glencoe Massacre IX - The details - 9th/10th Sept 2016

The Glencoe Massacre IX rideout weekend is back for 2016.

It will take place at the Kinlochleven Hotel in Kinlochleven on the 9th and 10th September 2016.

The MacDonald Hotel & Cabins
Fort William Road, Kinlochleven, Argyll, PH50 4QL
Tel. 01855 831539 Fax. 01855 831416
Email: enquiries@macdonaldhotel.co.uk
Web: www.macdonaldhotel.co.uk

There is a choice of accomodation to suit all budgets and preferences, from hotel rooms, to wigwams, to camping.

The hotel has an excellent bar and restaurant area where we will be able to eat, drink and be merry on the Friday and Saturday evenings and has served us very well in recent years.

On the Saturday evening there will be a live band playing in the bar.

The exact rideout route has yet to be determined, but will be different from last year, will use some of Scotland's best roads and will be posted in a separate thread as soon as it is ready.

Things will be slightly different this year in that the organiser lives 450 miles away, so self sufficiency will be required from all attendees, it won't all be laid on like a package tour! For instance, I won't be arranging a catered lunch stop, it will be a 45 minute break somewhere you can buy food and eat it picnic style, or stick a packed lunch inside your jacket. This weekend is all about getting together, drinking beer and riding bikes on amazing scottish roads. The rest is up to you.

So please see the accomodation thread here http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=221064 and phone the hotel to book your room.
Old 03-02-16, 09:22 PM   #2
Fordward

Default Re: Glencoe Massacre IX - The details - 9th/10th Sept 2016

Serious questions please ask in this thread

Random ramblings and chit chat, please stick here http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=221066
Old 04-06-16, 06:09 PM   #3
Bri w

Damn!

We're only a just over the hill in Aberdeenshire, and it would have been nice to catch up with some familiar faces but we're in Portugal the first two weeks of Sept.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-16, 07:41 PM   #4
Fordward

There is now a facebook event here....

https://www.facebook.com/events/900259963436400/

Please go and invite everyone who's .org members on your facebook friend lists.
Old 25-07-16, 10:37 AM   #5
Fordward

Quick update. It doesn't look like we are going to fill the accommodation the hotel have reserved for us. I don't want them to be half empty that weekend because we haven't filled it, so at the end of this week I will phone them and let them know that they can release the rest of the accommodation. After that you can still book, but I can't guarantee there will be availability.
Old 27-07-16, 08:28 AM   #6
atassiedevil

The facebook link is broken?
I've been trying to talk the mrs into going to this all year, so...If there's a facebook page, that will help convince her.
Old 27-07-16, 09:39 AM   #7
Tiger 55

Just worked for me. Have you tried switching it off and switching it on again?
Old 27-07-16, 11:52 PM   #8
Fordward

Quote:
Originally Posted by atassiedevil View Post
The facebook link is broken?
I've been trying to talk the mrs into going to this all year, so...If there's a facebook page, that will help convince her.
You need to be invited. I didn't make it a public event as I didn't want invites sent all over the place and half of Scotland turned up, it's an sv650.org event, and while friends and family of orgers are welcome if the orger can vouch for them and is bringing them along, we don't want every tom d!ck and harry turning up on spec.

PM me a link to your facebook profile and I'll try to invite you.

Last edited by Fordward; 27-07-16 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-08-16, 10:58 PM   #9
mart

well haven't been back up the road in a long time. So really thinking of going, all depends on the weather really. camping if I do!
Old 02-08-16, 08:57 AM   #10
atassiedevil

Any news on the invite? I need to get a move on to book leave if we are to do this. I can only book leave at least a month in advance, apparently. Boo Hiss etc.

C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordward View Post
You need to be invited. I didn't make it a public event as I didn't want invites sent all over the place and half of Scotland turned up, it's an sv650.org event, and while friends and family of orgers are welcome if the orger can vouch for them and is bringing them along, we don't want every tom d!ck and harry turning up on spec.

PM me a link to your facebook profile and I'll try to invite you.