SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 04-02-16, 10:09 PM   #11
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Glencoe Massacre IX - Chat thread

I was at this huge travel show today. A bit like the bike show for people seeking interesting holidays.

One stand was selling this supposedly uber anti mosquito product - spray, cream, roll on etc. To stop those pesky mozzie that can give you malaria, zika and lord knows what in remote parts of the world.

So thinking of you all I strolled up and said 'Is this stuff effective against those midges north of the border?'.

'Er no, I doubt it, they haven't invented anything that good' was the reply, which made me chuckle.
Old 05-02-16, 01:02 PM   #12
Tiger 55

I'm in!

I don't actually have the time off work yet, but that trifling detail has not stopped me from booking our usual room.

And Bibio, if you win the whisky raffle tomorrow you'll have to come to share it out! Plus it won't be the same without you, hope you make it.

217 days to go!
Old 05-02-16, 01:34 PM   #13
Bibio
Mega Poster

if i can sell the house in Edin in the next cppl months then i should make it, if not then i doubt i will be there as i will be extremely busy. tiz all rather complicated.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-16, 03:14 PM   #14
SIII
Mega Poster

Unhappy Re: Glencoe Massacre IX - Chat thread

No fir me

Going to Portugal in October, so gotta save up for all the Sagres (the beer) and Super Bock's. Oh, and scuba diving.

Please don't take this as criticism, but also a bit bored going to same place for 3 years in a row. Nobody's fault, and a lot, lot better than no GM at all. Fordward has done an excellent job of picking this up and making it happen but I am just the kinda person that doesn't go the same place on holiday twice, in fact going back to Sagres (the place), Portugal is the first time I have ever repeated a holiday destination !!!

Probably by August I'll be scratting around down the back of the settee to find pennies to come, but at the moment I don't see it happening.
Old 05-02-16, 03:38 PM   #15
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Portugal, that's a long ride.
Old 05-02-16, 03:57 PM   #16
ethariel

Tempting Fate - same as last 2 times, booked the room now trying to get the time off

Hope it works better this time!
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-16, 04:27 PM   #17
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: Glencoe Massacre IX - Chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman2 View Post
Portugal, that's a long ride.
I wish ! One day when I have a sensible bike, ferry to Santander and bike the length and back. All of the roads the EU have paid and nobody ever uses are fantastic !!!

Looking into hiring a bike for the day, supposedly place nearby has a couple of Tracers.
Old 05-02-16, 04:59 PM   #18
Fordward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIII View Post
No fir me

Going to Portugal in October, so gotta save up for all the Sagres (the beer) and Super Bock's. Oh, and scuba diving.

Please don't take this as criticism, but also a bit bored going to same place for 3 years in a row. Nobody's fault, and a lot, lot better than no GM at all. Fordward has done an excellent job of picking this up and making it happen but I am just the kinda person that doesn't go the same place on holiday twice, in fact going back to Sagres (the place), Portugal is the first time I have ever repeated a holiday destination !!!

Probably by August I'll be scratting around down the back of the settee to find pennies to come, but at the moment I don't see it happening.
I can fund at least a few of your beers, would be good to see you.

Totally know what you're saying about the Kinlochleven 3 years in a row.

I did try to get us back into Beinglas/Dovers (and I emailed them back in December), they didn't have availability until the last weekend in September / first weekend in October, and that's getting risky for the weather.

Looking at how many people took rooms instead of camping/wigwam last year, we do need hotel facilities and the place on St Mary's loch didn't have enough of that, and the nearest B&B was 2 miles walk up a main road.

The year we went to Cruachan Farm it split the group into two, between campers and caravanners.

Not sure Strathfillan Wigwams would have us back.....!

On the poll I did, most people voted that they would go anywhere and book thier own accomodation, but then many of those same people wrote in thier comments that they'd like to stay together in the same place.

I did a lot of other googling, but finding camping, wigwams/caravans, hotel rooms and food all in once place is a big ask. So we have kind of run out of suitable venues in Scotland, and I'm too far away to recce new ones anyway.

So I figured what the hell. I'll make the ridout completely different, and at the end of the day so long as we are all in a bar in the evening with a live band and beer, and we all have a pillow to put our head down, what does it matter what town it's in... It's not like we tend to go sightseeing anyway.

Back to the Kinlochleven was better than letting the GM die off IMHO.

Last edited by Fordward; 05-02-16 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-02-16, 05:05 PM   #19
Fordward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIII View Post
I wish ! One day when I have a sensible bike, ferry to Santander and bike the length and back. All of the roads the EU have paid and nobody ever uses are fantastic !!!

Looking into hiring a bike for the day, supposedly place nearby has a couple of Tracers.
I did it on an XT600E mate
Old 05-02-16, 06:40 PM   #20
pegasus
Mega Poster

Booked, well done Colin for stepping up and sorting out, beer will be on the bar waiting for you!

P

pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote