SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-11-20, 05:44 PM   #1
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Are you observing Lockdown 2.0?

It's been a lovely day here in Wycombe and I've been outside most of the day doing some end of season pruning at Trev Towers. The traffic passing by, and from what I could see of the road mine joins up to, was just as busy as it was before we were told to stay home and only make essential journeys. Lady Poppy used her allowed exercise outing to cycle to the sorting office in town to post something and said the number of people just ambling about in the High Street was just like a normal Saturday. Some folks on another forum I frequent were organising a breakfast run for goodness sake.

Is anyone actually paying any attention to the lockdown rules?
Old 07-11-20, 06:00 PM   #2
Craig380
Mega Poster

Default Re: Are you observing Lockdown 2.0?

Because schools, unis and a wide range of shops are still open, Lockdown 2: Electric Boogaloo is very different from March / April of this year.

Up here (Macclesfield) people are still milling around the town centre because Tesco, Sainso, Aldi, Lidl, B&M, Boots, etc etc are all open.

I had a spin out on the bike this morning and the traffic was no different to what it was pre-lockdown.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 07:01 PM   #3
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

I'm still working and traffic into Bristol Thursday and Friday was busier than ever. I don't think many people are paying any attention to the lockdown around here.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 07:10 PM   #4
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Is anyone actually paying any attention to the lockdown rules?
North East Lincolnshire has gone from one of the lowest rate of infections to either 5th or 6th highest (587 cases per 100k), so yes, I'm observing lockdown. I only food shop every 3 weeks since the virus started anyway. I have books, crosswords and the 'net; I'm borderline antisocial so I don't find it hard.
Old 07-11-20, 07:10 PM   #5
DJ123
Mega Poster

I think the only ones paying attention are businesses who have to shut. The new 'rules' are so open that's is easy for people & businesses to abide by them, albeit treading in the grey area.
TBH my life doesn't change too much with the new rules so i am not too affected, although it has meant reverting back to Online shopping to sort Xmas.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 08:01 PM   #6
Bibio
Mega Poster

up here in jockland we were almost covid free till the uni's went back.

people really are their own worst enemies. people having street parties the night before lockdown deserve all they get just like idiots going to indoor concerts etc.etc. MORONS

we are all going to get it or as i suspect most of the population has already had it.

just what the gov wanted was to pass some nice new laws restricting the movement of people.

i dont go out so i'm observing the rules
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 09:26 PM   #7
punyXpress
Mega Poster

The Government Instruction has reverted to " Stay At Home " so everyone is obeying Cummings, D & doing as they darned well like.
He's a lot to answer for but no-one in government dare question him.
Old 08-11-20, 03:00 PM   #8
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
up here in jockland we were almost covid free till the uni's went back.

people really are their own worst enemies. people having street parties the night before lockdown deserve all they get just like idiots going to indoor concerts etc.etc. MORONS

we are all going to get it or as i suspect most of the population has already had it.

just what the gov wanted was to pass some nice new laws restricting the movement of people.

i dont go out so i'm observing the rules
i think quite a few places were doing well, until the Uni's & colleges went back. I don't think it's a happy coincidence the infections rose in these areas at the same time. As much as Education should be important and be protected, it can also be done remotely - i can't understand why they were allowed to go ahead with starting new terms and mass movements off people moving around.

Oh, yes. And people partying and having huge gatherings. Morons. I vote we lock these like-minded people in a room together and leave them there.

BMW F800ST
Old 08-11-20, 03:15 PM   #9
yokohama

I can't see the point of this one; there's no long-term strategy at all.
Fine, we all stay home until 2nd December and then what? 3 weeks until Christmas. Everyone will rush out shoppping, pubs open, Christmas and new year parties, families get together for Christmas. Any lockdown benefits are likely to disappear, the R rate will rise and we'll be back where we started by the end of January
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 03:18 PM   #10
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokohama View Post
I can't see the point of this one; there's no long-term strategy at all.
Fine, we all stay home until 2nd December and then what? 3 weeks until Christmas. Everyone will rush out shoppping, pubs open, Christmas and new year parties, families get together for Christmas. Any lockdown benefits are likely to disappear, the R rate will rise and we'll be back where we started by the end of January
The R rate will rise but only up to a saturation point where it will plateau, especially without a vaccine.
The national one seems a bit pointless when the local ones in the worst affected areas were working . . .

BMW F800ST