SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-10-14, 01:04 PM   #111
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Default Re: Top Gear is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Yeah, that's me, just hot air........
Thankfully you didnt get really offensive and say fruit cake.
That can result in some seriously nasty farting.
Old 10-10-14, 04:26 PM   #112
Specialone

I'm getting sick of the argies tbh, they have massively over reacted about this, they were looking for any excuse to kick off, just shows they are still bordering on a third world country, if their film crews were doing similar here they wouldn't have been treated that way by us.

Even if that plate was meant to be about the Falklands, they shouldn't get uppity about it for two reasons, they started the war and we won it, they should just shut up, they ain't getting them back.
Old 10-10-14, 06:47 PM   #113
Spank86

They can't get them "back", they never had them. They've been british since before Argentina existed so if they get the Falklands they should hand their whole country back to the natives and bugger off back to Spain.
Old 11-10-14, 09:59 AM   #114
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Folks, it's just politics. Governments like to get their population all worked up over something completely insignificant because it helps disguise what they are really up to. Our lot are just as bad, look at all the complete rubbish that has hit the headlines over the NHS or the police over the past year. By undermining public confidence in a particular profession it justifies them making sweeping changes that suit them, and then when it all goes wrong the public automatically blame the profession because they're rubbish aren't they?
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-15, 09:59 AM   #115
Ch00

Back on tonight (25/01/2015) 8pm BBC 2 and BBC 2 HD

New series. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are in Russia as the motoring magazine returns, taking part in a race across the urban landscape of St Petersburg. James defends the honour of the car in a very small Renault, Richard tries to prove that pedalling is faster by riding a bicycle, while Jeremy attempts to demonstrate that water is the quickest way across town by piloting a hovercraft. To make matters more complicated, all three presenters are racing not only one another but also the Stig, who is making his way toward the finish line by public transport. Plus, the new Lamborghini Huracan is put through its paces and singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran takes to the test track in the Reasonably Priced Car
Old 25-01-15, 10:22 AM   #116
L3nny
Mega Poster

There's a season preview on Iplayer as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02gwx0g
Old 25-01-15, 09:09 PM   #117
Ch00

I thought it was a decent show tonight. Not too much sillyness.

Plus it had a SV1000 in it for about 1 second!!
Old 25-01-15, 09:20 PM   #118
maviczap
Mega Poster

Yep an entertaining although im not sure the first Hammond crash wasn't staged and what a stroke of luck to find a bloke who'd lend Hamond a bike, which miraculously then had all the cameras fixed to it, including the one filming the sprockets?

Hammond would have beaten Clarkson, if they hadn't built a ramp for the hovrrcraft.

But I know there's a lots of things that are staged, otherwise it wouldn't be entertaining.

I did like the Ed Sheeran bit.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-15, 09:37 PM   #119
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I think the first crash was staged. But I think it was supposed to be more of what Hammond thinks is "Funny" by playing up the cameras.

Unfortunately somebody forgot to remind him that you dont f*ck about with tram tracks / railway crossings as it look to me like he came down alot harder than he was expecting to, based on the fact he didnt getup straight away and appeared to be holding his wrist.

I used to like him, but I'd be quite happy if they got rid of him and just had May and Clarkson TBH.

I enjoyed it and compared to the rest of the cack that goes for Sunday TV it was worth watching.

Just hope it gets better as this season goes on.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-15, 10:03 PM   #120
pookie

initially I thought ouch thats got to hurt..the problem is the sheered dura ace rear mech and lack of blood.. at 20mph it wouldve have really hurt. Whats with the Chilean flags? i reckon the show of appreciation of the safe haven after the patagonia fiasco
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote