SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-02-14, 09:25 AM   #81
L3nny
Mega Poster

Default Re: Top Gear is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumble bee View Post
Brilliant
Old 02-03-14, 10:05 PM   #82
DJFridge

"Red and green. Learn the difference!" Excellent piece of advice for cyclists everywhere (although London cyclists seem more prone to colour blindness than others).
Old 02-03-14, 10:17 PM   #83
L3nny
Mega Poster

It's really getting boring the whole Porsche vs Mclaren thing, just get on with it.

Also the 135i has traction control, turn it on, especially in that weather!
Old 02-03-14, 10:21 PM   #84
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Default Top Gear is back

You know what they're like. Despite driver aids being designed to make you faster, they think they're slowing you down.

Or something.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 10:30 PM   #85
Specialone

That Porsche was ace...
Old 02-03-14, 11:12 PM   #86
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFridge View Post
"Red and green. Learn the difference!" Excellent piece of advice for cyclists everywhere (although London cyclists seem more prone to colour blindness than others).

from what I see in London, this is all too true!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-14, 07:30 PM   #87
Shawthing

Burma special:
Clarkson now accused of racial slur,

'That is a proud moment, but there's a slope on it',

Until today I was blissfully unaware and believed a slope was a change in level of the terrain!

Non arbores caesa suum mittere nuntius, sed magnum numerum electrons uehementissime incommo.
Shawthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-14, 08:24 PM   #88
DJFridge

That's a new one on me. I grew up in London in the 70s and 80s, so knew and / or went to school with people from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, France, Germany, China, Thailand, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Poland, Iran and Canada (and that's without thinking too hard, there were probably others) so I thought I'd heard most racial insults, especially if you include all the rude names all those people had for other countries THEY didn't like, but I never heard 'slope' as one.

I miss the days before Twitter when the odd person would have just said "oh Jeremy!" if they thought he'd said something rude and then forgotten all about it and the newspapers weren't quite so desperate to crucify the BBC at every opportunity. These days, two or three people comment and suddenly you've got a bandwagon that everyone wants in on.

For the record I thought it was pretty funny, even the staged bits (my inner 9 year old found the idea of the two of them peeing in Hammond's shower water extremely amusing) and I assumed he ws using the physical and positional definition of slope. I hadn't even noticed there was another person on the bridge.
Old 17-03-14, 08:41 PM   #89
Red Herring
Mega Poster

I'd never heard of that term either but a little research reveals it's a slang name for Asians used in America and Australia. Whoever is accusing Clarkson of being a racist has taken the use of the word completely out of context, especially as they then go on to say that one side of the bridge was higher than the other. It just goes to show you can always take offense if you try hard enough, it's just a shame we actually tolerate people who try that hard......
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-14, 10:27 PM   #90
DJFridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
It just goes to show you can always take offense if you try hard enough, it's just a shame we actually tolerate people who try that hard......
Very true