SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-03-17, 11:06 PM   #4261
BanannaMan

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Where do you get your info from?

1. Personal experience. I know how the people really feel because I live here.
If I read (or watched) some articles on BBC news about BREXIT do you think I would accurately know how the people in the UK really feel about it???

2. I have a memory.
And I remember the much harder time the press and the republicans gave Obama when he first took office and the mass campaign claiming he was not born in the US and could not be president.
If Trump had to face such serious accusations he would have a meltdown.
Every US president goes through this. Just like every US President has been made fun of on Saturday Night Live (an often political comedy show).
The only president ever to complain so far is Trump. (he wants the show off the air)

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

Last edited by BanannaMan; 02-03-17 at 11:54 PM.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 11:21 PM   #4262
BanannaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev B View Post
If Mr Trump wore a Marines uniform,with a big row of medals and ribbons and fought in Iraq and Other places to defend the USA he would be a hero,but because we is a multi billionaire and wears a suit,wants to make America great and defend the USA he's ridiculed ??????????????

Yes, no other US president has ever been ridiculed ever.
You must seen that BS on Fox (aka FAUX ) News.

BTW the war medals would only make him popular with the Republican Party, which he already is.

Just proves that it is true, if you keep repeating the same lie long enough people will believe.
Why is every one picking on Donald Trump?

Last edited by BanannaMan; 02-03-17 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-03-17, 11:33 PM   #4263
BanannaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post

The whole world takes an interest because they are affected by what Trump does because USA is still leader of the free world,

Great then you would welcome US and European opinions to your government on BREXIT since it affects the rest of the free world?

Last edited by BanannaMan; 02-03-17 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-03-17, 10:19 AM   #4264
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanannaMan View Post
Great then you would welcome US and European opinions to your government on BREXIT since it affects the rest of the free world?
Well whether we wanted them or not we got them, and are still getting them. When Obama came over and read out the infamous 'back of the queue' script Cameron had written for him he probably switched over quite a few million 'don't knows' to Brexit, and the same thing happened when EU Junckers and his cronies threatened us as well. Don't know if Brexit will have a big effect on free world, except that UK can now be part of the 'free world' and not shackled to a failing EU (it was gonna fail soon anyway so can't blame UK for that). At least Trump put us back to the 'front of the queue' as befits Americas closest friend and staunchest ally in the world. Gotta say Obama got things wrong more times than he got them right, especially on foreign and trade policies and unlimited immigration. He wanted USA to step back from the world and seemed to be happy for China to take over the USA position. He also packed the justice system with democrat judges. Don't know all this hoo-ha about Trump being friendly the Russians, some people think Obama was actually working for the Kremlin.

If you believe the Remainiacs (those would probably be Democrats in USA) UK does not have any standing in the world outside the 'protection' of the EU, and they expect us all to be going to hell in a wheelbarrow because we dared to vote Brexit, we will be a poor lost country with nobody to love us. The whole of Europe is jumping to the right as a result of what they have seen the happen to their countries under democrats and left wingers - Trump will soon have many friendly governments in Europe who agree with him on many issues, the Democrats are like king Canute fighting the tide - but guess what they are gonna get wet feet.

Democracy is having a hard time at the moment - I know this is from the Daily mail and I will get abuse, but I recognise the truth of this new movement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...root-Left.html

As for the democrats opposing Trump and apparently wanting to loose a flood of unchecked 'country choosing economic asylum seekers' into USA - do you really want to end up like Europe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...se-Sweden.html

Again from Daily mail but others are reporting the same things, only yesterday a Muslim kid was killed by a grenade in Somali gang violence.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7204481.html

Who would have dreamed 10 years ago of this kind of thing happening in Sweden. We are worried about USA ending up like Europe, at the moment you still have time to put a brake on immigration from Northern Africa / Middle East, please don't think 'it can't happen here' because that is exactly what the Swedes thought (or their government at any rate, because voices talking about unchecked immigration were drowned out by being labelled racists by the virtue signalling lefties).

You will never get a balanced view on anything from any one source, you need to look at as many sources as possible and allow for their biases - political and other. The BBC used to be trusted, but that was in the days before you needed to show your liberal democrat party membership card at your job interview.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 03-03-17 at 01:41 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 10:22 AM   #4265
Trev B

All I'm saying Bill,is that you can't please all the people all the time,No President is ever going to get an easy ride,it's same here with the Brexit campaign !!!
Old 03-03-17, 01:36 PM   #4266
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

My dad is dying. His heart is failing, he has pneumonia and another infection on top. He may not make it through the weekend according to the doc.

He and I haven't always had the easiest relationship. He left my mum 27 years ago to live with a gold digger and she walked out on him last year when his health failed, leaving an £80,000 joint debt that she managed to get into his name only. I don't even know yet if the debt agency will expect my mum's house to be sold after his death to pay this debt as they are still legally married and the house is in joint names.

So while you lot are all bickering over Trump and Brexit I'm worrying about things that directly affect me.
Old 03-03-17, 02:04 PM   #4267
SV650rules
Mega Poster

LPH, sorry for your problems, you come across as a very nice caring person and no one should find themselves in such a bad situation as you find yourself in, can't even begin to imagine how you feel. Personally I am an orphan as both my parents are dead, but life goes on, and like it or not Brexit and USA affect our lives both today and for foreseeable future, so it is worth spending a few minutes talking about it and trying to learn more.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 03:12 PM   #4268
maviczap
Mega Poster

Never easy to deal with LPH, just been to visit my mum who's in early stage Alzheimers. Its not going to get any easier with her, although we've manage to clear her small debt on her credit card. The house has one of those equity release mortgages on it, so that may also go to the mortgage company in the end

Just to lighten the mood, my mum made me laugh, when we were discussing jet lag, as my sister is in Japan at the mo. My mum has only been to Australia in her trips, but then today she said she'd been to India, which I questioned?

Yes, I just had a quick weekend away there! I had to laugh Alzheimers & dementia aren't nice, but sometimes she says things like this
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 04:26 PM   #4269
shiftin_gear98

Sorry to hear your news LPH. Fingers crossed for the best possible outcome.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-17, 04:32 PM   #4270
shiftin_gear98

Jobsworths and over opinionated mutards. Gent at the Shell garage told me not to fill up whilst seated, for my own safety. I told him I'd fill up my bike how I liked, and did he want paying.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote