SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-09-17, 07:54 AM   #4921
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

The low air pressure under a cyclone system sucks the sea up (or rather takes the pressure off and the 'normal' pressure outside the tornado pushes the sea up) - if land where you live is only few feet above high tide anyway that is real bad news.

When we lived near the beach in Aussie (Sydney) we had a waterspout hit our house, I saw how dark it was getting outside (in the middle of the day) and went to close some windows thinking it was gonna 'p!ss down, felt the window vibrating and it went as black as midnight - within a minute the spout had wrecked half our street (including taking roofs off, ripping up all the trees, overturning cars and a neighbours car-port was ripped up and took down the power lines (power lines in Aussie go down the street on poles)) - it then bounced like a pogo stick and touched down further up the hill, wrecking about 40 more homes - at least we didn't get street floods, although our place was flooded because it no longer had a roof, but the state emergency service (mainly volunteers) quickly turned up and put huge plastic tarpaulins over the damaged roofs and generally dealt with the incident in a very speedy and efficient way.

Makes you appreciate the power of nature a bit, and that sucker was a minuscule fraction of the size of Irma.

Funny how the Hurricanes always arrive in alphabetical order, who said queues were a thing of the past, wonder if they ever get one that wants to move up a few places ?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 10-09-17 at 08:13 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-17, 01:09 PM   #4922
Bibio
Mega Poster

just had a look at the IR images and it looks like a two for one. would not like to be in Cuba or the British Virgin Islands right now.
drag image http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...ime=1504915200

Last edited by Bibio; 10-09-17 at 01:11 PM.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-17, 01:13 PM   #4923
Chris_SVS

Can I gripe ahead for tomorrow?

*Forgetting to wear and stretch a new pair of army style waterproof boots
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-17, 11:02 PM   #4924
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanannaMan View Post
Glad you are OK!
I would let the dealer fit the new one as well.
Anyone who drives like that needs to pay for it.
Could have done serious damage to you and the bike.

that is my full intention, i'm not going to the hassle of getting the fairing etc off for his error.... plus I haven't really had this bike apart myself and would rather do that for the first time with someone else watching me.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 11:34 AM   #4925
shiftin_gear98

Bring back the bin in the toilet!!! Damn I wish I was back on holiday.
Currently getting depressed from groundhog day syndrome at being back at work.

Wake up, go to work, come home, eat, decorate, watch tv, go to bed.
Repeat...

Yawn...
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-17, 08:25 PM   #4926
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

The season is nearing the end, the MCC young cricketers, like swifts and swallows, head to warmer climes for the winter. They've been a fun bunch to have about this year, it's like having sixteen sons all aged 21 around and I shall miss their silly antics. Some return next year but a few have finished the scheme. I've baked them one last carrot cake to have tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-17, 09:48 PM   #4927
Heorot

Strapped my large Oxford bag to the rear of the bike and set off to do some shopping. Half way down the dual carriageway Norwich bypass and was flagged by a car. The passenger leaned out and shouted that my bag had fallen off. I stopped and sure enough, no bag. A mile to the next exit, 2 miles back and I retraced my route. No bag to be seen anywhere.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 07:31 PM   #4928
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heorot View Post
Strapped my large Oxford bag to the rear of the bike and set off to do some shopping. Half way down the dual carriageway Norwich bypass and was flagged by a car. The passenger leaned out and shouted that my bag had fallen off. I stopped and sure enough, no bag. A mile to the next exit, 2 miles back and I retraced my route. No bag to be seen anywhere.

Chasing my tail all afternoon trying to get my powerline plugs to connect to the master plug, the last one was in the garage, so its a walk from the garage to the house after hitting the pairing button. Many attempts at doing it, and despite the plug saying I had network connection, the PC said nah!

Watch a Youtube video, showing how to pair the plug without the PC being plugged in, so did this in the house and hey presto its now connected to the home network. Very frustrating!
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 08:22 PM   #4929
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post

Chasing my tail all afternoon trying to get my powerline plugs to connect to the master plug, the last one was in the garage, so its a walk from the garage to the house after hitting the pairing button. Many attempts at doing it, and despite the plug saying I had network connection, the PC said nah!

Watch a Youtube video, showing how to pair the plug without the PC being plugged in, so did this in the house and hey presto its now connected to the home network. Very frustrating!
lol you could have had them plugged in right next to each other to pair them
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 08:49 PM   #4930
maviczap
Mega Poster

Yep, I know that now

Never had this issue before, they've all connected to the network before.

For some reason the master adaptor had dropped its connection with the Sky router

Swapped the master for another and everything in the house connected to the network fine

Still don't know why the master plug stopped working to the router, as it's working fine as a slave?
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote