SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-01-07, 04:26 PM   #1
Mr Toad

Default Anyone recommend a good website to buy ink from

Got a Cannon iP4300 printer which needs feeding - anyone recommend any good/cheap websites

cheers

S
Old 27-01-07, 04:40 PM   #2
timwilky
Mega Poster

the daughter uses cartridge monkey for her cannon ip4000
Old 27-01-07, 05:01 PM   #3
philipMac

I am not normally a great man for doing what The Mans tells me (because I am so cool), but, if you were thinking of getting non-cannon inks, its been my experience that you not.

Generally speaking... they seem to be not exactly the same tone, and more annoyingly, clog up the printer. Then Cannon get all stroppy with you and give you a bit of an earful on the phone, and next thing you know you are in floods of tears, promising them your first born.

Just putting it out there.
Old 27-01-07, 07:16 PM   #4
Baph

£9.99/cartridge, for the originals. Can't see any compatibles on their site. Linky.

If the 4300 is the same as the 1500 I have here, it has removable heads too, so if compatible ink does clog up, replace the heads (pretty cheaply) and you're laughing
Old 27-01-07, 07:42 PM   #5
lukemillar
Mega Poster

At college, I used to get all my paper and ink from these 2 places (it used to yoyo as to who was less expensive). Both are based in Guernsey which is why it's cheaper, but it does take a week or so for stuff to arrive.

http://www.mx2.co.uk/

or

http://www.7dayshop.com

I also agree with PhillipMac - don't use compatibles - the colour just isn't as good.
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-07, 08:57 PM   #6
Mr Toad

cheers guys

As I thought, the choices are about £50 to change all the cartridges with genuine product , or less than £15 for compatibles. I'll check to see if the heads can be changed - my old Canon printer eventually died (only ever used cheap compatibles), and I handed onto my dad to see if he could get it going again or dump it, and he did something with copious amounts of WD40 and got it going again

I never actually use it to try to print photos - far too expensive for that sort of thing. It only does kids homework, proofing the odd doc when I'm working at home, and DVD labels , so I guess I can live with the quality being slightly below par
Old 27-01-07, 09:49 PM   #7
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

http://www.inknthings.co.uk/
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-07, 10:50 AM   #8
Well Oiled

I buy my consumables including CD-r, DVD-r and printer cartridges from:

www.ukdvdr.co.uk

I've used them a lot. Delivery is always fast and I've never had problems with the products.

I've never had any problems with using compatibles rather than genuine cartridges. The genuine ones are just a rip-off IMO.

Cheers Keith
Old 28-01-07, 05:13 PM   #9
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Oiled
I buy my consumables including CD-r, DVD-r and printer cartridges from:

www.ukdvdr.co.uk

I've used them a lot. Delivery is always fast and I've never had problems with the products.

I've never had any problems with using compatibles rather than genuine cartridges. The genuine ones are just a rip-off IMO.

Cheers Keith
A very very cheap site. £5 for 6 inks for me instead of £7 per ink. I have no problems with compatibles. A printer is only £60 and I save more than that in 3 months on ink by using compatibles. I've had my Epson R200 for 2 years now with no problems.