SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-10-08, 10:09 AM   #11
Grinch

Default Re: Gays should be tattooed with warnings

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
that and sodoamy if bad for your health.
Between a man and a man or a man and a woman, as alot of things are bad for you health, but you don't need stupid comments like that from people in the church. No wonder people don't attend as much as they did when people like that represent them.
Old 08-10-08, 10:29 AM   #12
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Sodomy(TM)

Fun for all the family!

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-08, 10:30 AM   #13
Grinch

I hope not.
The whole thing is stupid, why should one group of people be discriminated against due to there sexual behaviour. Same as no one group should be discriminated against because of the personal, religious, or political views. I ain't no hippy, but I have strong feelings that religion is the route to most of the problems that people have these days as it seems to be used as a excuse for disgusting behaviour. But I would not hold my feelings against someone who has strong views opposed to mine, in fact I would hope to still be there friend.

Last edited by Grinch; 08-10-08 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-10-08, 10:35 AM   #14
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
Between a man and a man or a man and a woman, as alot of things are bad for you health, but you don't need stupid comments like that from people in the church. No wonder people don't attend as much as they did when people like that represent them.
Well to be honest it is probably damaging to both the back passages of a man and a woman so it makes no difference.

He was probably stating it In a joking manor and if that is what he thinks so be it, who are we to judge him??

What he should have said then was anyone who partakes in the kicking down of back doors should have that tattoo. Then maybe all the easily offended PC jump on the next noble cause bandwagon group might have not got their knickers in such a twist.
Old 08-10-08, 10:45 AM   #15
keithd

i think there could be an opportunity for an associated post...

Ideas along the same lines as the Rev's:-

Gays have tattoo'd warnings on their bottys
Geeks wear T shirts saying "i do not mix in normal society"
Train spotters paint their faces like Thomas the Tank engine does...
Old 08-10-08, 10:48 AM   #16
EssexDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post
i think there could be an opportunity for an associated post...

Ideas along the same lines as the Rev's:-

Gays have tattoo'd warnings on their bottys
Geeks wear T shirts saying "i do not mix in normal society"
Train spotters paint their faces like Thomas the Tank engine does...
And revs get branded with a hot fork?

This guy must have been smoking some wacky baccy surely...
Old 08-10-08, 10:57 AM   #17
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
Well to be honest it is probably damaging to both the back passages of a man and a woman so it makes no difference.

He was probably stating it In a joking manor and if that is what he thinks so be it, who are we to judge him??

What he should have said then was anyone who partakes in the kicking down of back doors should have that tattoo. Then maybe all the easily offended PC jump on the next noble cause bandwagon group might have not got their knickers in such a twist.
Maybe he said it in a joking manner, still a rather odd and offensive joke at the expense of a group of people. Saying it as a joke does not make it right and as a person in his position your comments will always be in the public eye and should be more careful as such.

Its not worse then a politian say all priests should wear a badge with 'Warning sexually inhibited, may molest your child".

Last edited by Grinch; 08-10-08 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-10-08, 11:19 AM   #18
carty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
Its not worse then a politian say all priests should wear a badge with 'Warning sexually inhibited, may molest your child".
Of course it's totally different. Whilst I don't condone the priests' comments and I think he should have kept them to himself, your example there is just way off the mark.

Just because a couple of clergymen have been found to be child molesters, doesn't mean all of them are. Conversely, due to the nature of activities that homosexuals participate in, it makes the spread of disease much more likely; and I believe it is this he is referring to.

In fairness he did probably say it as a joke in response to the adverts on cigarettes that show what they can do for your health.
Old 08-10-08, 11:28 AM   #19
chakraist

More straight people than gay people have AIDS these days.
Old 08-10-08, 11:40 AM   #20
carty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakraist View Post
More straight people than gay people have AIDS these days.
Is that a warning?