SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-02-05, 07:57 PM   #1
adam

Default Bike Safe 27th feb

I've been a lurker on this site for a while now ; I end up thinking of a post and then reading posts until I'm too tired to post anything :-p . Anyway had my K4 a few months now and am doing the Bikesafe at the ACE cafe on sunday 27th feb, Anyone else?
Old 12-02-05, 08:30 AM   #2
will

yep, i'll be there, and Mr Toad too I believe.

Will
Old 12-02-05, 08:34 AM   #3
Mr Toad

I'm going to keep the small plate & can - might carry the baffle with me just in case
Old 12-02-05, 08:47 AM   #4
will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad

I'm going to keep the small plate & can - might carry the baffle with me just in case
i'll do the same re baffle

we ought to arrange to meet on the way as we're both coming from the south.

Adam - where abouts are you chap?

Will
Old 12-02-05, 01:45 PM   #5
adam

I was gonna ask abouts cans , still have standard can on and was gonna wait before changing it. I think now I'll get a decent exhaust ASAP.
I'm west london - hayes , though I'll be coming from shepherds bush that morning
Old 12-02-05, 03:43 PM   #6
will

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam
I'm west london - hayes , though I'll be coming from shepherds bush that morning
dirty stop out
Old 14-02-05, 10:12 AM   #7
BillyC
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad
I'm going to keep the small plate & can
From my experiences of the Kent Bikesafe last year, they won't care much about your can. In fact, the Rozzer that I was teamed up with said:

"I'm so glad you've got a can on your SV, all v-twins should have one, it sounds bloody marvellous! I usually have one on mine [Hornet] but thought I'd better take it off for today, now I wish I hadn't".

However... the small plates they probably won't be too happy about, because they make identification difficult in the event of an accident or incedent.

However, generally the Bikesafe is a bit of an amnesty. You'll probably get a note for you to sign, just acknowledging that because they didn't a) mention, or b) take action on your non-legal parts, doesn't mean that they approve or condone them.

I found it so useful last year; Chutz and Coombest will verify how much it transformed my riding. When my SV is sorted, I'll think about doing it again in London, but that'll be a way off.
Old 25-02-05, 10:17 AM   #8
will

to those who are booked on 27th (adam & Mr Toad I know about, not sure anyone else?), have just spoken to bikesafe and unless the weather gets significantly worse, the day will still be on. the number to call if you want to check on sat or sun morning is 020 8733 4679.

the only other requirement is that a min of 6 riders show up - today's course was on, but as only 4 showed they had to cancel it.

it's an 0845 start at the ace, don't forget your licence and insurance. was told a blind eye will deffo be turned to cans/plates etc.