SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-04-06, 10:19 PM   #1
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Abba bike lift...

Gave my abba bike lift its second outing today... Still terrifying But I'm much more convinced by the stability now. It's been up all day, had a thorough clean, both wheels off, and it'll be out on it all night too. No worries at all- though to be fair, I have used a g-clamp to fix the two parts of the stand together, just to give it a wee bit more security. Much, much happier with it now. Still wish it'd lift maybe 6 inches further but it's a rather cool toy as it is. Brilliant for cleaning, I can easily get right underneath.

The design doesn't fit SVs very welll- it has 2 possible positions for the plate that lifts the front end, only one of whch is any use for the SV, and it's only got about 2 inches of adjustability. I've got it on the bellypan bracket, a good half inch to an inch lower than the lowest point as standard, and the bike still tips well forwards when lifted. Really the lifting plate wants to be able to go up at the very least another inch. But that doesn't make it bad, it's just annoying.

Worth £190? Don't really think so. But it's nice to have and I'm sure it'll get regular use.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote