SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Essex Lounge No Nova's or Impreza's alllowed. Your MC's are Supervox & Messie.

Old 30-08-06, 08:38 PM   #1
ArtyLady

Default Im an official saddo

Well that's it - I'm an official saddo ...............................................

Ive taken up Golf - never thought Id see the day, I tried it years ago and hated it, my whole family play (even my son played for a while), and Ive finally succumbed - I had a lesson today and actually enjoyed it. All I have to do is learn to hit the ball now

Mother has given me her old full set of clubs in a bag and my son has given me a trolley to pull said bag around on Wayhay!!!
Old 30-08-06, 09:02 PM   #2
Jdubya

Welcome to the fray!

WOOHOO!!!! So when do I get the invite to join the family to a round of g o l f
Seems it is only caddy and I who enjoy it in the lounge other than you and your familia
Old 30-08-06, 10:37 PM   #3
xrphil

never really played myself, (except for 1 hole on a course in Vegas earlier this year, which was a right laugh) but went to a driving range with my father in law, a few years ago. couldn`t hit a bloody thing. he took the ball away, and just made me practice my swing for 10mins. (which felt strange). the difference was unreal, I hit every ball then on. never took it past that point though.
get yourself on one of them there driving ranges. with someone to sort out your swing, works well.
Old 30-08-06, 10:44 PM   #4
K

Nooooo, Lorna, come back into the light...

Oh well, another one lost to the insanity that is a good walk ruined.

Both my parents play - though my Dad plays less now (cos Mum's better than him I think ) adn I have played very occasionally when they both started.
But I learned very early on that whilst I didn't do too bad (ball when where I aimed it, just not very far) I loath playing that game with a passion - and I genrally like doing sports.

If you want to go for a walk in the contryside, go for a walk - like fishing, if you want to sit by a river and read a book, sit by a river and read a book - don't pretend you need a load of equipment to do it.
Old 31-08-06, 05:17 AM   #5
pegasus
Mega Poster

oooohhhhh that means your gonna dress like this..........................

thats kinda sexy lorna

pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-06, 08:58 AM   #6
ArtyLady

Pete - I can do sexy (especially wearing them studs )

K - I know Ive always slated it but I have to admit defeat this time, Ive tried walking (boring) tried fishing (boring) dont read books either! I think this is just what I need to get the excercise I badly need! and something to focus my brain (especially til I can ride again!)

xrphil - its definately all in the swing - thats what I learnt in the lesson yesterday - I must say I was most dissapointed he didnt stand behind me with his arms around me to show me the grip (you know like they always do on TV ) thats why I went - he was quite fit too

Jdubya - youre on - as soon as I can hit the ball and learn how to actually go round the course
Old 31-08-06, 09:09 AM   #7
Halonic

Lived in St. Andrews for 6 years, and developed a significant level of....dislike... for the ruination of a good walk

The Old course had two primary functions for us, one involved bunkers and deep snow, the other involved darkness, a significant level of alcohol, oh, and bunkers.

Though I must say, the eighteenth green flags make excellent fighting staffs
Old 31-08-06, 09:32 AM   #8
K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halonic
Lived in St. Andrews for 6 years, and developed a significant level of....dislike... for the ruination of a good walk

The Old course had two primary functions for us, one involved bunkers and deep snow, the other involved darkness, a significant level of alcohol, oh, and bunkers.

Though I must say, the eighteenth green flags make excellent fighting staffs

I do admit that golf is slightly more interesting up where my parents live in North Wales. It's more like Crazy Golf but without the bright colours.

On thier local course there's one Par 4 where you have to tee off over a gully - which contains a hedge and a public foot path on the other side of it.
Then over in Criccieth (where sheep are considered a natural hazard on the course) you occasioanlly have to tee off of one hole by aiming out to sea over a cliff.
The wind is so strong that it'll blow your ball back in and onto the green - unless the wind just happens to drop for a second - which it does quite a bit which is why there are alot of balls collected at the bottom of the cliff.

Personally though, I reckon Golf would be made into an acceptable spectator sport it if was changed to 'Golf Extreme' - simply by changing the golf balls with small, randomly timed grenades...

... and snipers. Many sports would be made better with the addition of snipers.
Old 31-08-06, 10:02 AM   #9
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by K

Personally though, I reckon g*lf would be made into an acceptable spectator sport it if was changed to 'g*lf Extreme' - simply by changing the g*lf balls with small, randomly timed grenades...

... and snipers. Many sports would be made better with the addition of snipers.

My theory is that you cant possibly enjoy watching it unless you actually play and understand it - Ive always thought its on a par (scuse pun ) to cricket ie watching paint dry - (runs and hides from irrate cricket fans)

I just must remember not to become a bore and watch people glaze over at parties (like they do if you talk about bikes to a non biker, or dressage to a non horsey person )
Old 31-08-06, 10:16 AM   #10
Iansv

oh dear....