SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-10-08, 06:58 PM   #1
fatneck

Default Back Protector

Hi all,

Currently trying to decide which back protector to go for - my leather has a decent (if short) level 2 protector in it but my textile (which I wear most of the time) has a pathetic piece of foam thats about as much use as a cheese sandwich (to quote Knox).

Why can't you buy a textile jacket with a Knox Contour or Aegis or something built in? I don't get it, please someone explain. I know they are longer and cover the tailbone and yada yada but this is 2008 and someone, somewhere ought to be able to invent a jacket with an inbuilt DECENT full length back protector. Sorry for the ramble, I'm off to the pub.

Cheers
Old 25-10-08, 08:12 PM   #2
zsv650

Default Re: Back Protector

cause your small jacket would become a robe if they had to fit one of those in id imagine nothing to stop you buying something like a forcefield bck protector and wearing it seperately what im thinking of doing.
Old 26-10-08, 10:51 AM   #3
kwak zzr

i got one of them lidl ones, it feels like a plank of wood stuffed up my back
Old 26-10-08, 10:52 AM   #4
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650 View Post
nothing to stop you buying something like a forcefield bck protector and wearing it seperately what im thinking of doing.
Exactly, I wear a Knox underneath my leathers every time. I have had two big accidents and I have never suffered any spinal damage, which was a surprise to the paramedics last time.
Old 26-10-08, 01:48 PM   #5
zsv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
i got one of them lidl ones, it feels like a plank of wood stuffed up my back
i got one of those it is far to rigid for me to be honest but it was only £16.99 and it's better than nothing until i can buy my frorcefield one which are supposed to be the dogs danglies i'd hope so to for £70 odd they want for em
Old 26-10-08, 04:49 PM   #6
andyharding

ive got a forcefield one. that i strap to to me. best £80 i have ever spent. will never ride a bike with out one. Im now thinking of getting a forcefield chest protector to.