SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 09-07-12, 09:21 AM   #1
Warthog

Default Invitation to France

Hello everyone, not been on here in a long time due to workload and other commitments sadly, but I do think of you all (sometimes ).

Debs D'Ardenne (Mark's mum) rang me recently and extended an official invitation for any Thames Valleyers to go and visit her at their house in France in the next ~7 weeks.

She will be at the house from the 5th of July to the 24th of August, but would most welcome visitors between the 21st July and 17th August. The house is near Ploermel and Josselin (near Rennes in Brittany it appears). If you fancy a trip over there she says you can pitch tents in the garden, and have BBQs etc, might be a good base.

To organise, please email her at debsdardene at gmail dot com, (note the one n in the surname). I know nothing more than what I have written, and will most likely disappear off again as work doesn't seem to be letting up at anytime soon! Still, my fiancee has now got some biking gear and as soon as I have saved up for the wedding I will be buying a new bike and maybe getting out on some more rides. Hopefully I can see eveyone again soon.

Nick
Old 24-07-12, 01:48 AM   #2
Stig

Nice to hear from you Nick. I've been to the house before and can confirm plenty of room in the garden. I won't be able to make it myself as I have the kids for the school summer holidays. But for anyone thinking of going, this really is a fantastic opportunity. Mark, you are still missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26-07-12, 08:04 AM   #3
ogden
Mega Poster

Default Re: Invitation to France

My weekends are already booked up, mostly with other foreign raids.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-12, 04:58 PM   #4
wilful madam

Smile Re: Invitation to France

Oh this is good! Look at all those smileys! Hope everybody is keeping well.
So - is anybody coming to France then? If you have any questions to ask, please feel free. My gmail account has been suspended by google because I Have, apparently, violated their rules, so I have registered with Yahoo. New email address : debsdardene@yahoo.co.uk. So, a SV has 6 gears - that was a good guess!
Old 07-08-12, 11:52 PM   #5
Bluefish

Too late, just come back, bloody typical lol
Old 08-08-12, 04:12 PM   #6
FG1

Anybody interested in this ????
Old 22-08-12, 04:08 PM   #7
Warthog

Looks like I will be driving right past Ploermel and Josselin on September the 21st, got a wedding in Quimpers! Good to see Debs has managed to join up finally
Old 22-08-12, 11:09 PM   #8
ogden
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG1 View Post
Anybody interested in this ????
Maybe next year, time permitting.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-12, 01:56 PM   #9
wilful madam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Looks like I will be driving right past Ploermel and Josselin on September the 21st, got a wedding in Quimpers! Good to see Debs has managed to join up finally
Thank you Nick, nice to be made welcome! I am now staying in St Servant until beginning of Oct, so if you and your fiancé require accommodation, you will be most welcome. Quimper isn't too far from here.

The last post on the thread at home address 'Tiscali' is dated somewhere in May - I had assumed I was PNG to the site! Raining last two days, but plenty of sun left yet. Not really sure if this reply will actually get thro! If it does, I must be doing something right.
Old 26-08-12, 01:59 PM   #10
wilful madam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogden View Post
Maybe next year, time permitting.
Next year will be the third year running that I have extended an invitation to France and nobody wanted to come. Have you heard that we have bed bugs or something!