SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-02-05, 04:16 PM   #1
Simmo2005

Default yamaha fzr250 four cylinder engine (Import)

Hello all,

I was wondering if anybody out there had any knowledge of the yam fzr250, i thought it was a twin in this country, but this motor is a four pot and it's an import. The thing is i was given this bike to do up but i cant find any litrature on it and dont know where to start.
The motor is out of the bike so it's easy to work on and i have made a new loom, all is working with the electrics now, just got to do the general brakes and mot basics.
Had the engine fired up, sounds nice and loud when the exit valve in the exaughst opens, but now i know it fires up i want to strip and check the engine, anybody know owt?