SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-11-07, 11:04 AM   #1
-Ralph-

Default Steve McLaren

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...75#post1348175
Old 22-11-07, 11:08 AM   #2
keithd

Default Re: Steve McLaren

which is nice. i guess all the english players had worn themselves out from laughing at the sweaties on saturday? hmm? just a thought.

aaah the galant scots. once again snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

etc etc
Old 22-11-07, 11:49 AM   #3
Iansv

I love steve mcclaren, he's made me plenty of money betting against england
Old 22-11-07, 02:31 PM   #4
hovis

Whats the differnce between
Lewis Hamilton and the England football team.

Lewis will still have his Mclaren !
Old 22-11-07, 02:42 PM   #5
Pedro68

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
Lewis will still have his Mclaren !
At least Lewis Hamilton will still have a chance of winning something with McClaren ... all I can say is perhaps it's a blessing in disguise that England lost, because it allows us to legitimately sack an ineffective manager, and replace him with someone with some credibility (or at least some tactical nouse) ... if we'd won we'd just be "papering over the cracks" this morning, and for the next 9 months until we get knocked out of Euro 2008 at which time we'd probably be saying "Oh well, at least McClaren got us here in the first place, and maybe we should just rue our luck and give him a big payrise, a slap on the back, and extend his contract until the end of the World Cup Finals in 2014!!"

Amen!

Last edited by Pedro68; 22-11-07 at 02:42 PM. Reason: miscalculation of world cup years :-P
Old 22-11-07, 02:45 PM   #6
hovis

bah..........

tis always the managers fault
Old 22-11-07, 03:01 PM   #7
Dave The Rave

We deserved what we got! Over paid and over rated players, unexperienced nd dull manager = summer holiday for English players.

Perhaps it's time to admit we are not that good. All the star players in PL are foreigners. I will sorry for the keeper. McLaren just finished his international career!

What made me laugh was how they tried to justify that it was a right penalty decision. Penalty!? What?! If it were the other way around it would be NEVER given.
Old 22-11-07, 03:07 PM   #8
stewie

Listened to it at work last night, not surprised at the result or the sacking, just annoyed to think that some of these players earn in a week what I earn in 3,4 5 yrs ? dunno, but for that money they should be the best money can buy. I think that after last night we may at last see a bit of backlash against these overpriced tossers, I mean how many operations could the NHS carry out if they had access to some of the money offered to these wasters ? Makes my blood boil it does

Last edited by stewie; 22-11-07 at 03:08 PM. Reason: spelling as usual
Old 22-11-07, 03:23 PM   #9
Jdubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave The Rave View Post
We deserved what we got! Over paid and over rated players, unexperienced nd dull manager = summer holiday for English players.

Perhaps it's time to admit we are not that good. All the star players in PL are foreigners. I will sorry for the keeper. McLaren just finished his international career!

What made me laugh was how they tried to justify that it was a right penalty decision. Penalty!? What?! If it were the other way around it would be NEVER given.

+1
Old 22-11-07, 03:23 PM   #10
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath View Post
He shouldn't have been made England boss in the first place, end of!
damn right
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote