SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2008 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2008 SV650.org's annual rideout.

View Poll Results: Are you bringing a car or some other 4 wheeled vehicle
Yes 11 28.21%
No 28 71.79%
Keithd 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-08, 05:29 PM   #31
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Default Re: 4 wheels

Yup, 1 car 1 bike. Not enough room for all our stuff and 2 up and any other luggage from Devon and Cornwall!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-08, 01:28 PM   #32
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
Yup, 1 car 1 bike. Not enough room for all our stuff and 2 up and any other luggage from Devon and Cornwall!
I've been touring in Ireland for a week two up with enough stuff on the bike for the duration. Last but one AR, two up with two tents and all the rest of the gear from Newbury to Shrewsbury and back.

Just how much stuff do you really think you need? It's only three days max.
Old 11-06-08, 01:54 PM   #33
Samnooshka

I'll be taking the car too.
Old 11-06-08, 02:47 PM   #34
BILLY

Here'smine loaded up for last years AR! 2 up as well!
Old 11-06-08, 04:55 PM   #35
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
I've been touring in Ireland for a week two up with enough stuff on the bike for the duration. Last but one AR, two up with two tents and all the rest of the gear from Newbury to Shrewsbury and back.

Just how much stuff do you really think you need? It's only three days max.
Congratulations, I bow down to you and your pillions superior ability to pile yourselves, and your bike, high and heavy with gear, and be comfortable with that for a long journey! I now feel worthless and useless as a motorcyclist, nay, human being for not having this ability in me!

Kate's nervous on a bike to start with so wouldn't be comfortable carrying a bag, she needs a lot of stuff, I always like to be over prepared rather than under prepared (always travel with a small tool kit, small first aid kit flask of squash and flask of tea) and there's a possibility that I'll be bringing luggage for other people from this area.

I don't necessarily need to park the car on site, just somewhere safe and within a mile or so, just need to drop all my stuff off on site then go park the car.

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
Old 11-06-08, 04:58 PM   #36
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Ooh, I also don't have panniers or anything that you could make into some, so I'd be limited to tank bag, small rucksack and whatever I could SAFELY fit on the small bit by the grab rail, for 2 people's stuff!

Old 11-06-08, 07:10 PM   #37
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

You said what I was trying to think of to say. lol.

I know there are a few cars going, but I for one do not feel safe being stacked up that way.

If there is an issue of space, then like Phil, we will happily leave the car elsewhere but within close distance.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-08, 08:21 PM   #38
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
Congratulations, I bow down to you and your pillions superior ability to pile yourselves, and your bike, high and heavy with gear, and be comfortable with that for a long journey! I now feel worthless and useless as a motorcyclist, nay, human being for not having this ability in me!

No need to be pedantic and juvenile about it.

Just for the record though. My wife carried nothing. The highest thing was the tent on the carrier on the back. Which also served as a nice comfortable back rest for her. I could go on regarding what is a need and what is a want, but don't want to upset you further for fear of another knee jerk retort.
Old 11-06-08, 09:23 PM   #39
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Not upset at all BA, was using sarcasm (hence the smiley). Just thought this thread was about getting an idea of who's bringing what transport, not a way of telling me that you can do A, B or C and ask how much stuff am I planning of bringing.

If I was on my own, I'd stack it however I was comfortable, but as I am not I have to consider Kate's comfort and safety (and how safe she feels), therefore a car is being taken.

If everything were to go perfectly, I would only need my bike and some money, however life isn't perfect so I shall bring some stuff too!

Last edited by phil24_7; 11-06-08 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Didn't wanna prevoke an argument!
Old 11-06-08, 09:36 PM   #40
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I'm still going on 4 wheels...just in 2 pairs

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote