SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 19-02-16, 05:18 PM   #471
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Today's charity shop find was this very tidy Minolta Hi-Matic rangefinder with flash.

Edit

Quick search shows this as the original Hi Matic. They started making these in 1962.

Sent from my Xperia T

Last edited by Kenzie; 19-02-16 at 05:23 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-16, 09:26 PM   #472
Kenzie

Seems the film from Impossible Project is only eight shots, not the original ten of the Polaroid packs.

Sent from my Xperia T

Last edited by Kenzie; 20-02-16 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-03-16, 09:08 PM   #473
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Another Comet, ends soon though
not sure if you have one yet
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-16, 10:01 PM   #474
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

And in other news... yes I bought another camera. Check this out
Zeiss Ikon 534/16 Super Ikonta IV by John Rodriguez, on Flickr
I won't tell you the price cos you'll cry but it was a bargain. Shutter is sticky and a few bits of grot on the lenses, although almost usable as is if the shutter was clean. Meter works, it's super shiny, and the case is immaculate. Super Ikonta IV, the last and greatest of the Zeiss Ikon 6x6 folding rangefinders, with every bell and whistle there was in the late 1950s.

Am going to sell a few cameras as it has got silly. So, Zeiss Ikon Nettar II 517/16 for a tenner, Kodak Popular Box Brownie for a fiver, and probably also a Pentax K2 with f1.7 50mm prime lens but not figured out a price. Never actually used any of them! I also have a Zeiss Ikon Contessa LBE which needs cleaning up but is probably worth about £30 when working, 35mm rangefinder, but it's also sticky.
Old 07-03-16, 07:01 AM   #475
Kenzie

I would be interested in the Nettar if you are selling for a tenner, would that be including post? Been looking for one but not been able to win one. I have an old Brownie D, some other Brownie and a couple of cheapy p&S that will be off to the charity shop as like you, the collection has exploded but they aren't worth anything really. Still haven't bought a Comet as the film still isn't cheaply available yet. Found someone who sells colour 127 film but its £10 a roll, but you have to send them your own spools and backing paper. I got five rolls of Kodak Ektar from 7Day shop and respooled two rolls onto 620. Took my Pentax MV out yesterday, got halfway through a roll and it jammed. I had bought it for spares for the MV1 and it seemed to be working out but packed up which was annoying. Managed to free it off but will keep for spares rather than risk it jamming up again. Bought a lens for the spare OM10, found it in Cash Converters. Slight bit of dust inside but ok, they had another but the blades were sticky. I recently picked up a Konica Pop with a Hexanon lens, really good street cameras apparently. Came with a Nikon RF P&S but this will end up being donated as well.
Old 07-03-16, 07:01 AM   #476
Kenzie

Last edited by Kenzie; 07-03-16 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 07-03-16, 12:47 PM   #477
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Mmmm Hexanon, good call. Re. the Comet, if you miss out on a bargain but find cheaper film in a year or two, where does that leave you?

Sold the Nettar already, we have a couple of local (small town) selling pages on FB. Mostly it's kids' clothes and stuff like that, I post stuff out of mindless optimism as if it does go it's easier to shift. Right out of the blue I had about four people asking me about them in the first couple of hours, and I'm dropping them off this evening. If you want a 6x6 then the Nettar is fine, there are tons around so I guess it's how much you want to pay. This one had a Pronto shutter up to 1/200 so only good for slow films and slow objects, others have better shutters. There are plenty of old Ikontas around too, they tended to be better specced, but the Novar triplet is perfectly good; a Tessar may be better but not by much. The bodies are very similar. Once I get the Super Ikonta going then I'll probably sell my Ikonta M but they go for more like £40-50ish I think. It depends a bit how much you are prepared to clean up e.g. sticky shutters; many of them are a pig in a poke so condition is really an unknown. I bought this one for its case (£6 plus postage), didn't care if it worked, but actually it's in very good condition.
Old 07-03-16, 08:40 PM   #478
Kenzie

Shame, I would have had it off you. Never mind. Bought a Voigtlander VF135 rangefinder.
Old 08-03-16, 01:14 PM   #479
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Realise I should have asked first - next time. Thought you already had a VF135? Or is it a VF101 you have?
Old 08-03-16, 01:45 PM   #480
Kenzie

I have a couple of Vito Bs but not a VF.

Sent from my Xperia T