SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Where should the annual rideout 2005 be held?
Scotland - If so, where? 9 12.86%
Wales - If so, where? 18 25.71%
Northern England - If so, where? 6 8.57%
Southeastern England - If so, where? 22 31.43%
Southwestern England - If so, where? 7 10.00%
Elsewhere - If so, where? 8 11.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28-01-05, 07:54 PM   #101
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Anyone mentioned going to the Isle of Man??? Sorry too lazy to read all the posts, or any of them for that matter...

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
Old 28-01-05, 08:08 PM   #102
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca
Anyone mentioned going to the Isle of Man??? Sorry too lazy to read all the posts, or any of them for that matter...
Dont think so, but i'm kinda certain someone mentioned going to the Restaurant at the end of the universe at some point.

Gotta run now... so long and thanks for all the fish
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 28-01-05, 08:09 PM   #103
Viney
Mega Poster

Jelster, Good man.

Im going to satrt yet another thread for the date. If you can come up with the orute Steve, then we can work out a start/end for accomodation for the travelers, and look for a couple of the campsites for those of us who do camping. Groovy
Old 28-01-05, 08:27 PM   #104
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I've come into this a bit late. I've been struggling for ideas too.

I discussed this problem with Ed (sythree) and darylb down the pub the other night and we thought somewhere in mid to south Wales would be good.

Ed reckons that the A44 from Leominster to Bluith Wells and up the A483 to Llandrindod Wells would make a cracking run. Some great roads and brilliant scenery. We need to find a decent cafe to meet up at and there is a bikers cafe half way along this run for pee and drink.

We're just waiting for the weather to improve so that we can carry out a test run and see if it's long enough and fun enough

So the choice is yours, I can organise this for June (12th).....or.....someone else can organise something elsewhere and I'll the publicity! I don't mind either way.

John
Old 28-01-05, 09:51 PM   #105
Ed

The above really is a cracking ride. Start at Leominster [BTW it's pronounced 'Lemster' ] (or Hereford), take the A44 headed south west, it turns right at a junction, stay on it through Kington, till you get to a roundabout just beyond Penybont. The road has some great straights and some perfect twisties, and the scenery is brilliant - starts off olde worlde English and opens up into beautiful hilly Wales. At the roundabout is a bikers' cafe - big one - plenty of room, with a petrol station. Then right, up the A483 towards Newtown - again, a great biking road. Hadn't got much further than that in thought terms, as I live in Shrewsbury and the obvious way home is through Welshpool, but then to get back to Leominster or Hereford makes it a L-O-N-G ride. So maybe, cut back along the A489 to Bishop's Castle (this really is the town that time forgot), the A488 to Clun (lovely little place), Knighton & through the lanes back to Leominster.

Dig out the atlas & have a look. Whatcha think

Old 28-01-05, 10:27 PM   #106
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythree
........Dig out the atlas & have a look. Whatcha think
i think it sounds like a nice ride. I further think that you could provide a link to a streetmap page or something seeing as this is the internet.

Dig out the atlas?... havnt seen it in ages tbh
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 28-01-05, 11:45 PM   #107
ReLoAd

What about the eastern counties, we've got some lovley roads in norfolk and theres more bikes/bikers here than i have seen anywere else.

And i live here

Old 29-01-05, 01:21 AM   #108
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca
Dont think so, but i'm kinda certain someone mentioned going to the Restaurant at the end of the universe at some point.

Gotta run now... so long and thanks for all the fish
if you can get me there I'm up for that run, its not far only 42 miles!!!

To be honest you 'Southies' don't know what ure missing by saying NO to comong to Scotland... I can think of at least 15 20 runs we could do that would blow you away... Starting with Glasgow to Inveraray and back Via the Green Welly @ Tyndrum... Or Glasgow to Callander, upto Killin then along the top of Loch Tay into Aberfeldy and back via Crieff and Knockhill!!!

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
Old 29-01-05, 02:51 AM   #109
harrisman

Only problem with goin anywer were there are loads of bikes is there normally is loads of police!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which isnt a good thing!!!!! and especially such a large group like ours!!!!!!! places off the beaten track and not in wales!!!!!!!!!!! It is not a biker friendly place!!!! spend a lot of time there and it is definately gettin worse

Old 29-01-05, 08:13 AM   #110
rictus01
Mega Poster

Just a note on the date, Can someone look at the race calender, as last years was on Silverstone BSB day.

not to fussed about where or when, but as some of us follow the races and have already planned to attend them, it would be a shame to have to miss it because of a clash of dates again.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Closed Thread