SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-09-13, 01:46 PM   #1
granty92

Default White leathers?

so i got some new boots and gloves, both alpine stars and in white, now looking at alpinestars 1 piece leathers also in white, will this look completely stupid on a silver bike?? i have a really bright helmet so wont be all white like a power ranger.
Old 09-09-13, 01:49 PM   #2
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: leathers

My advise for what it is worth. Unless you are a track day addict. Stick to two piece leathers.

One piece are a pain for all day use. Stop anywhere in summer and you cannot remove the top so very sweaty.

If you are anything but a standard size, you find the body too short, legs too long etc. Only solution made to measure. At least with two piece you can try to find a jacket trouser combination that works.
Old 09-09-13, 01:57 PM   #3
granty92

i have a 2 piece anyway mainly used for normal day to day use but when i go out for evening or weekend rides i think i'd like to get a 1 piece, it'll only be the alpinestars motegi suit not stupidly expensive but looks nice too and im guessing is quite strong
Old 09-09-13, 02:13 PM   #4
Specialone

I'm with Tim on the two piece leathers, so much more practical than a one piece, as long as they zip together it's a good compromise.

Btw, I'll have to move this to bike talk.
Old 09-09-13, 02:16 PM   #5
granty92

suits me excuse the pun, maybe i could upgrade my 2 piece? any recommendations? i currently have rst
Old 09-09-13, 02:23 PM   #6
Specialone

I've had my a* two piece for nearly 4 years now, it's been pretty good tbh but can't comment on its crash resistance as I've not crashed in it.

My wife has a rst rift two piece suit and tbh it is as good quality as the A* one, leather is just as thick.
Old 09-09-13, 02:26 PM   #7
granty92

i have the tractech and the crash resistance is blo*dy amazing, 50mph over the top of a car and i was unharmed except my hand which was down to gloves, just as they are all scraped up i could do with replacing them
Old 09-09-13, 03:04 PM   #8
Bibio
Mega Poster

wouldn't touch white leathers with a barge pole. each to their own and all that though.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-13, 05:14 PM   #9
TheRuffellator

Default White leathers?

Apart from not being my first choice of colour the only problem I could think of is keeping them clean and looking decent.

Sent via Crayola using the black crayon.
Old 09-09-13, 06:34 PM   #10
The Idle Biker

Default Re: White leathers?

White leathers will make you look like a fat *******. Unless your a skinny fecker, steer clear.
Even if you're skinny you will look a pr&t with with white booties and gloves to match.
What are thinking of? What colour is your helmet by the way?