SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-05-05, 12:03 PM   #1
Bikerz

Default Front level brake light switch?

Mines had it! well foot brake light sup brake light, but front lever dont, so what shall i check? i just bleeded the brakes so dont want to interfer with that, is that possible? or will i have to re bleed system?

p.s. it didnt work b4 i bleed the system, so its not that
Old 16-05-05, 12:17 PM   #2
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Pull the two wires off the switch, with the ignition on touch the wires together, if the brake lights come on there is a problem with the switch, if they don't then clearly the problem lies in the wiring to the front switch as the rear switch is working them.
Next take the switch off the M/cyl, (one little screw), reconnect the wires, click the little button that the brake lever presses afew times, do the brake lights go on and off? If no, then switch is toasted. If yes, then it may well be a bit worn/dirty give it a few wiggles and squeeze some WD40 or similar into the switch. Refit and try again.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-05, 12:19 PM   #3
Bikerz

cheers mate will do that 2night!
Old 16-05-05, 07:30 PM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

Also, there's a wee plastic bit that sticks out of the switch and can break quite easily- that's what went wrong with mine, on the way to my first MOT Switch itself was still good but it wasn't being hit by the lever.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote