SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-08-07, 10:09 AM   #1
plowsie

Default Brake light switch on front lever

WARNING - This may be useless without pics

Looking through the garage yesterday found a front lever of mine, looks like i actually bought one and completely forgot So went to put it on, and guess what i strike a problem. I'm sure you know that the little swith that is pushed in whilst the brake lever is not touched, cuts the circuit to the brake light, once you pull the lever in the switch drops out completing the circuit(may be the wrong terminology but you get the jist. Now this brake lever once on doesnt touch the switch so it keeps the circuit complete, leaving the brake light on, it seems that the lever is not being pushed into the switch far enough, what do i adjust does anybody know. There is a screw where the switch is to move the switch and what it is held onto but it seems the is like a locator pin and hole that it must sit in. I may just have the wrong part.
Old 01-08-07, 11:48 AM   #2
jambo
Mega Poster

Default Re: Brake light switch on front lever

OK, assuming both levers are the same(the new and the old one), can you push the lever back so it's all the way out and have the brake light cut out? If so then you may just have over-tightened the brake lever pivot, back it off and see how you do. AFAIK the switch is not adjustable for position...