SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-07-08, 06:29 PM   #1
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Anyone know anything about doggies ... Samson poorly

Hey all, got a vets appointment tomorrow but worried about Sam tonight.

Sam has had a dodgy tum for a while now. 1st time was a month ago after Sam had an intake of ice cream, he had the runs in vast amounts during the night. All settled down and he was OK the next day.

About 2 weeks later, after eating his normal food he had another bout of the runs during the night, I dont mean small bits, he is leaving his mum a pressy of 4 giant piles on my nice cream carpet then lots of little spots, this time he had a bit of sick in too.

Then last week it happened again, but this time I have noticed he is not wanting his food. It hit me when someone said "has Sam lost weight". Sam has NO fat on him whatsoever, I was always concerned he was underweight but the vets said he is spot on on every check up and the fact you can see his waist is good.

So with me knowing he lost weight I been watching what he eats, making sure he eats 2 meals. He is strugglin with 2 meals and just walks away from his fav food, but he still begs and will take treats if offered.

He is running about OK when enticed but otherwise just sleeps curled up in a little ball, he even fell asleep sittin upright today which he has never done before. His gums look OK as do his eyes.

Today he ate a full meal , then this afternoon he threw it up.

I have given him chicken and rice but what else can I give him that will be easy on his tum.

As I say I am going the vets tomorrow but they cant get me in til 5pm and I dont like to think of him starving or with an unsettled tum.

Can anyone suggest something he could eat that would be easy on his poorly tum? Dont want him not to eat. Looked on the web but one site contradicts another.

Cheers

Shell and Sam x
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-08, 06:34 PM   #2
jimmy__riddle

Default Re: Anyone know anything about doggies ... Samson poorly

maybe worms? my dog was ill like that after eating horse poo! little fella just started eating as much as he can for some reason then had the exact same symptoms as youve described. Trip to the vet and some pills and he was fine.
Old 16-07-08, 06:39 PM   #3
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Could be makes sense, Sam has had his worming tablets every 3 months, although he has only just has his last ones last week.

Ahhh I have a dog who has pets of his own LOL. Thanks x
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

Old 16-07-08, 07:00 PM   #4
stewie

Good luck shell, and samson of course
Old 16-07-08, 07:08 PM   #5
Speedy Claire

not too sure hun but hope it turns out to be nothing serious. Try feeding him just plain white boiled fish and rice, thats what the vet advised me to give my dog once when she was poorly, best of luck for tomor x
Old 16-07-08, 07:09 PM   #6
Speedy Claire

oh was also gonna suggest that as horrible as it sounds try to scoop up a little bit of his poo tomor and take it with you in a container. The vet could send it off for analysis and see if there`s any bugs there that might be causing the upset
Old 16-07-08, 07:12 PM   #7
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
oh was also gonna suggest that as horrible as it sounds try to scoop up a little bit of his poo tomor and take it with you in a container. The vet could send it off for analysis and see if there`s any bugs there that might be causing the upset
Errr his runny poo, gonna take him the field now and pray he poos, he hasnt all day as he not eaten.

Ahhh new symptom, well not new but I just laughed it off before, every time he jumps up on the sofa he farts .... yes laugh guys but I assume wind build up somewhere in his little tummy

This is unlike him, been there for ages Sad Sam

Last edited by Shellywoozle; 16-07-08 at 07:21 PM.
Old 16-07-08, 07:14 PM   #8
tanis34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrichardson View Post
maybe worms? my dog was ill like that after eating horse poo! little fella just started eating as much as he can for some reason then had the exact same symptoms as youve described. Trip to the vet and some pills and he was fine.
+1 or it could be a partial blockage of the stomach or intestinal tract but only the vet could identify this , but it doesn't sound to serious as he seems ok in himself , good luck at the vets let us know how you get on
Old 16-07-08, 07:23 PM   #9
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
Errr his runny poo, gonna take him the field now and pray he poos, he hasnt all day as he not eaten.

Ahhh new symptom, well not new but I just laughed it off before, every time he jumps up on the sofa he farts .... yes laugh guys but I assume wind build up somewhere in his little tummy

yep his runny poo lol.... scoop a little bit up, could be something as simple as a stomach bug which would respond to anti biotics. You walk him on fields which i assume other dogs use and the first thing a dog will do is smell another dogs poo.. infection could easily be picked up there. The microbiology report would either rule out a bug or prove one is there and then recommend what to treat it with, really hope its something as simple as that and not the more severe blockages etc.
Old 16-07-08, 07:27 PM   #10
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
yep his runny poo lol.... scoop a little bit up, could be something as simple as a stomach bug which would respond to anti biotics. You walk him on fields which i assume other dogs use and the first thing a dog will do is smell another dogs poo.. infection could easily be picked up there. The microbiology report would either rule out a bug or prove one is there and then recommend what to treat it with, really hope its something as simple as that and not the more severe blockages etc.
Thanks hun I have kept his off the field for a few days, one cause he has a favourite drinking spot and two so he dont pass it on to any other pooches. I walk him on a football field on my estate, they have removed the goal posts leaving 8 holes in the ground which are full of stagnent smelly rain water. Samson being Samson likes to drink from any puddle, and he finds it fun to stick his bum in the air and his head in these holes.

Maybe this is the source of his bad tum, but as I say I have kept him away hoping it would clear up.

Right off the poo collecting thing .... cheers Claire wish you where here what you do for ya pets