SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-07-08, 11:43 AM   #1
dirtsk8

Default funny

A colleague of mine has recently passed his test and we were talking about filtering and not having to wait in traffic. This led me to remember my first commute on the Monday morning after passing my test way back in the day.

At the time, I was working in Edinburgh and I had a 20 mile commute in from the 'burbs, but we always got stuck at the Mound area in traffic. This day I was sitting astride my GS450 (!) all pleased with myself for having finally done my Direct Access, waiting patiently in the queue of cars on The Mound. It hadn't occurred to me that you could filter through the traffic on a bike, so I was sitting patiently. Behind me I heard a small peep of a horn and when I looked round, there was a guy on a Fireblade, blipping his throttle. He shouted to me, "Have you passed?" I thought that was a bit weird, but hey - maybe he recognised me from the weekend or something. I shouted back - "Yes - Just on Saturday there!"

Fireblade guy peeps his horn again and shouts, "Mate! Have you passed?" By now I'm thinking that he's obviously thinking I'm someone else so I lift my visor to ask him what his game is when he lifts his visor and roars, "Can I f**ing GET PAST!!!?"

Oops, turns out I was holding up a growing queue of bikes

True story!
Old 24-07-08, 01:04 PM   #2
Dave The Rave

Default Re: funny

Old 24-07-08, 01:10 PM   #3
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: funny

lol!!!

I've always filtered, and i always keep out of the way of toher bikes. One time, a bloke on a kawasaki shouted somethng at me, i dunno if he was making a joke or being nasty

he didnt hang about in the traffic though

Matt