SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-04-06, 05:53 PM   #1
Alpinestarhero

Default ZXR400

I saw a kwak zxr400 the other day. Nice bike, sounded good. So i checked it out. Seems the insurance is ALOT cheaper then an SV650s (565 compared to 950, tpft)

Any opinions on ZXR400's?

Matt
Old 03-04-06, 06:34 PM   #2
A-jay

Go for a RVF400RR instead. The "Ferrari of the 400's" I was told.

I had one before my SV and to be honest wished I would have kept it, you will have to go for an import though.

I have test rode a ZXR4 before gettin the RVF. There very similar to be honest.

They are very very revvy. The have no midrange at all compared to an SV but I used to find the top rush exciting and they all sound stunning.
Old 03-04-06, 06:47 PM   #3
kwak zzr

if you want a mini race rep go for it! bit manic for me tho
Old 03-04-06, 07:19 PM   #4
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

It's a hoot, buy one.

Check it carefully though, few of them haven't been raced.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-06, 07:44 PM   #5
jimmy4237

A mate of mine had a minter of one, complete with a race can. It sounded the dogs especially when it was being given the beans at high revs. He rode that thing to the limit, and trying to catch him on a twisy road was damned hard

But they are very revy, and the power doesn't really kick in until 9K revs. Then it acts like a 2 stroke, and goes like hell, all the way to 13-14K revs.

He sold his for a mint CCM 604E, but is now finding that rather hard to sell on, and wishes he still had his wee Kwak 400. He's still trying to get rid of the CCM after 5 months No-one wants it despite him continually dropping his price. The asking price is now at an all time low. How does £1800 for a mint 2001 "Y" plate, complete with race can, and a genuine 5000 miles on the clock suit you??? He's the 2nd owner as well...

He regrets buying the CCM....
Old 03-04-06, 09:08 PM   #6
Vfr400

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-jay
Go for a VFR400 instead. The "Ferrari of the 400's" I was told.

I had one before my SV and to be honest wished I would have kept it, you will have to go for an import though.

I have test rode a ZXR4 before getting the RVF. There very similar to be honest.

They are very very revvy. The have no midrange at all compared to an SV but I used to find the top rush exciting and they all sound stunning.
yup or a VFR400, nearly all are imports but most have been here long enough so little or no probs with the mot. Provided your not too tall its a fabulous comfortable bike.
Old 03-04-06, 09:12 PM   #7
andyb650s

interesting that insurance would be cheaper for you on the 400, the sv works out cheaper for me.

Andy
Old 03-04-06, 09:38 PM   #8
Whitty

RVF is loads better.I heard engines on zxr can go bang!Ps I could not get rid of my X plate 01,ccm with 640 kit,race can, new tyres,new clutch,off road wheels,spare bodywork,stainless fasteners,spare oil and filters and reciepts for over a grand(spent in less than 2 yrs)6000 miles,for love nor money eventually got £1300 px for it
Old 03-04-06, 10:05 PM   #9
haggis

Didn't CCM go under?

That's an excuse people have not to buy them. Doesn't matter how well you looked after yours, it gets the shunned like all the rest.
Old 04-04-06, 05:34 AM   #10
busasean

i've had 4 of them. brilliant bikes!!!! go and buy one!!!