SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-03-10, 04:41 PM   #11
missyburd

Default Re: Look what the cops are up to in East Yorkshire

Wonder how long it will be before that copper becomes a statistic.

The comments below do make an interesting read. People are so very narrow-minded
Old 26-03-10, 04:43 PM   #12
thinone

I rode into London pretty slow last week - it was well great .... no more than 50mph
on the way home - well it is motorway and it was raining and I was cold - I wanted to get home asap, but I wasn't thinking of going faster than 140mph - sometimes it just creeps up on you. You know what I mean.

So the point is - we are in control and if we break the speedlimit significantly - we are to blame and should expect some kind of action taken against us - every week I am watching for brown envelopes...
Old 26-03-10, 04:45 PM   #13
Luckypants
Mega Poster

We got an unmarked 'Blade and two VFRs doing the same around here. It's nothing new and provided it applies to both bikes and cars then they are being fair and doing nothing wrong.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-10, 04:46 PM   #14
thinone

i didn't say wha I was riding but yer right
Old 26-03-10, 04:57 PM   #15
Kuze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri w View Post
County Durham's policing policies revolve around education and are done in more of a partnership style.

They'll stop you for speeding but they are reasonable about it.. The 2nd time you are stopped its viewed as you didn't listen or learn so you get done.

Also, they don't have, or didn't up to the end of last year, any fixed speed cameras at all. They're view being if you know the route you will slow down for 30yds then carry on at whatever speed you like. The money the save on speed cameras goes into road safety education
Sensible policing then!! If only more regions thought like this.

Speed cameras dont do **** they make u slow down for a set area then back up again. This scheme is the same its not gonna catch anyone whos out there on his own or with friends.

Speed isnt the killer its the rider/driver who cant handle the bike/car or they get unlucky.

All my accidents have happened below the speedlimit and were either me trying to emulate rossi and riding over a polehole (binned it) or other road users to blame.
Old 26-03-10, 05:01 PM   #16
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Have em round Squires anyway, been at it for years. . . and if your really lucky you might mistake my other half for a copper and sh!t yer pants!

and all he wants to do is play

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-10, 05:57 PM   #17
MR UKI (1)

The Hayabusa was on BBC1 traffic cops a couple of years ago. The guy riding it in the photo was also the copper riding the VFR800 when he followed and pulled the guy on the SP1 having followed him for several miles at quite high speed.
Old 26-03-10, 09:02 PM   #18
Lozzo

So everyone moans about Gatsos and other speed cameras and complains that there should be more real coppers on the roads doing that job, and when they are you complain that they aren't playing fair by using an unmarked fast bike.

I have news for you - it's not a game, and even if it was you'd not be the one winning no matter how hard you try.
Old 27-03-10, 05:25 AM   #19
Milky Bar Kid

I remember seeing an unmarked Busa on a TV program, think was Traffic Cops and instead of booking bikers, he actually caught some idiot in a cage trying to wipe two other bikers out.

Whilst they will inevitably book bikers, and cagers, for speeding, they might also help catch some of the idiot cagers who pull stupid stunts.
Old 27-03-10, 07:39 AM   #20
Red Herring
Mega Poster

We have an unmarked Blade and an unmarked GSXR (complete with Arrow cans) both intended specifically for such activity. Statistically the coppers who ride them (who just happen to be bikers as well as coppers) seem to prosecute more car drivers than they do bikers, however when they do book a biker you can be sure it was worth it.

I'm totally with Lozzo on this one. I hate the indiscriminate kind of policing we get from automated systems such as speed cameras. I'd much rather have a switched on copper with the right tools going out there and taking out the sort of riders and drivers that cause the majority of the issues. Yes they do need to book the odd individual for straight forward speeding, if for no other reason than to keep alive the rumors that you can actually get nicked for it, but they would much rather concentrate of people who use speed inappropriately. If you lack the self control that you feel the need to race any other bike on the road you shouldn't be there. Point proven.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote