SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-07-07, 08:54 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default Lottery winner

I am kinda fed up of not being a miwwwiyonaire, so I've decided I am going to win the lottery ...

I have used 3 number selection strategies to date ... firstly - numbers that had significance ... birthdays, house number etc. Secondly - 'lucky dip' (random) ... Thirdly - numbers I happen across on my way to the ticket shop ... like on the way to the shop I pass a 30 sign (30) .... the clock says 10:32 (say add them up 42), car I pass numberplate is say T23TRO (23) .... etc etc ...

I don't do the lottery very often, but when I do I rarely get ANY numbers let alone 6!!

So as I have decided it is about time I won, I need a new strategy ... so I put it to the forum to either give me the winning numbers or to give me a new strategy.

p.s. If I win, you are all invited to come and visit me and my concubines on my playboy yacht off the coast of Spain!!
Old 01-07-07, 09:00 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Lottery winner

Aha! I Sir, have the answer you seek.

Brilliant in its simplicity and guaranteed to work.

Build a time machine and go forward to next weeks draw, write numbers down and come back here to play them. Job done.

Also, if you see there is more than 1 winner next week you can simply buy hundreds of tickets with the same numbers on them and that way reduce the pecentage of winnings those other random winners get. Great eh?

I might send this i to Viz's top tips actualy
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-07, 09:06 PM   #3
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

you see the problem now is your winnings are going to be smaller because everyone will be doing it

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-07, 09:20 PM   #4
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

If you had never bought a ticket,and put £1 for every lottery draw there has ever been since it started into a savings tessa'isa you would be quite well off by now.Guaranteed winner.
Old 01-07-07, 09:38 PM   #5
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles View Post
If you had never bought a ticket,and put £1 for every lottery draw there has ever been since it started into a savings tessa'isa you would be quite well off by now.Guaranteed winner.
Ok, so the lottery stated in 1994 ... so 13yrs ... 52 weeks in a year ... so 52x13=£676 = compound interest at 5% ... (gets abacus out ) that's about £950 I'd have in my account today ... so that would make me ~£274 better off than doing nothing ... not sure that will even fill the tank up on my playboy yacht!?!

Must try harder on your school report!!!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 01-07-07 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-07-07, 09:42 PM   #6
Warthog

15, 23, 24, 1, 8, 33

There, now give me half of what you win.
Old 01-07-07, 11:01 PM   #7
tigersaw
Mega Poster

4 8 15 16 23 42
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 08:30 AM   #8
MiniMatt

If you accept that the numbers that come up are truly random then there's not a whole lot you can do to better your chances of winning (other than buying more tickets, duh).

BUT... there may be a way to make sure you don't share your winnings with some other barsteward if you end up picking the same numbers as them. You don't want your 6 numbers to make you a couple of hundred thou - you want millions. So, you need to pick numbers other people don't. Given that birthdays seem popular choices I'd say sticking with numbers above 31 would work best. Unless, that is, everyone reads this and starts doing it, then you'd want numbers under 31
Old 02-07-07, 08:33 AM   #9
Warthog

also, as perverse as it seems, pick something crap like 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36. It looks like it won't stand a chance but statistically it is the same as everything else!
Old 02-07-07, 09:15 AM   #10
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Ok, so the lottery stated in 1994 ... so 13yrs ... 52 weeks in a year ... so 52x13=£676 = compound interest at 5% ... (gets abacus out ) that's about £950 I'd have in my account today ... so that would make me ~£274 better off than doing nothing ... not sure that will even fill the tank up on my playboy yacht!?!

Must try harder on your school report!!!

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote