SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Riding Gear Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 10-03-05, 11:41 PM   #1
embee
Mega Poster

Default T-Pro Forcefield back protector

After reading the RIDE reviews of back protectors, I decided to order a T-Pro Forcefield from Davies-Odell.

http://www.tprobodyarmour.co.uk

Couldn't get the on-line shopping to work so phoned.

Very helpful lady called Sarah (works until 1pm) assisted with questions about sizes. Came to the conclusion that as a standard shape 5' 11" I'd need a medium. They measure "waist to shoulder", which is a bit vague.

Ordered Friday and received it Tuesday.

This is a quality piece of kit, very well made, good quality materials, just feels nice. Very comfortable to wear, really don't notice it after a while. The outer layer on the back is a moulded rubber/plastic honeycomb thing, with a shock absorbing foam layer behind and a nice cloth lining. No hard parts to cause injury.

It'll be interesting to see if it gets uncomfortably hot if summer ever arrives.

It feels like it ought to do some good, but I hope I'll never test it in anger!

The only retail source I could find was Infinity Motorcycle chain, but the nearest one to me is Peterborough which is a bit far, otherwise I'd have liked to see/try on before buying. However I'm a happy bunny with this piece of kit. 10/10
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-05, 09:05 AM   #2
jonboy

If you could just put it on, lie down on the floor and get a friend to give it a few hard blows with a club-hammer and let us know how it stands up, that would be even more helpful. Cheers.

Old 11-03-05, 09:31 AM   #3
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
If you could just put it on, lie down on the floor and get a friend to give you a few hard blows
I though this was a 'U' rated site

Sorry JB I'm already wearing my coat
Old 11-03-05, 09:44 AM   #4
jonboy

And it's not even 10am yet.

Old 11-03-05, 12:28 PM   #5
embee
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
If you could just put it on, lie down on the floor and get a friend to give it a few hard blows and let us know how it stands up, that would be even more helpful. Cheers.

Yep, done that. Contrary to popular rumour, it stands up very well thankyou, and to be honest I forgot all about the T-Pro.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote