SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 18-08-20, 12:50 PM   #1
Zim

Default SV650 + Givi Backbox + Abba

Selling my 58 pointy.
9835 miles.

SORN for some time due to back injury (not bike related!) as I said in my last thread I don't have the confidence to be able to go out and not have some back/spine issue mid-corner with terrifying consequences, so, probably time to accept the inevitable and retire to 4 wheels (or at least give it a bit more time).

Good points: Yay!
  • Right up until it was SORN it was running just beautifully with no issues
  • Battery 100% has been on optimate
  • Fires up fine (fuel 18 months old, but has been run from time to time just to keep the lines clear).

Fitted: Woohoo!
  • Givi v46 back box
  • Rear rack SW Motech Alu-Rack
  • Dunlop tyres minimal wear
  • Quality double bubble screen (SV branded)
  • Tutoro oiler
  • Crash bungs
  • Fuel stainless steel exhaust (baffle fitted)
  • Mirror extenders (so you can actually see behind you!)
  • Colour matched bar ends
  • Bibio's battery gizmo (nothing wired in at moment except phone extension I think)
  • Will also throw in Bibio's chain adjusters if I can find them (never fitted)

Included: Nice stuffs!
Abba stand with SV adapters and front wheel lift arms
Colour matched pillion cover (couple dings, last didn't fix it on right one time)

Not so good: Meh!
SORN for some time so MOT out
Low speed (15mph!) spill due to ****e back-country roads, but everything except fairing saved due to crash bungs. See pic.
Chain will need thorough cleaning or replacing.
Hasn't been moved in quite some time so brakes and everything drive related will need checking/lubing blah
Some sun bleaching on plastics due to age.
Otherwise just the usual stuff for bike of this age

Reg/Rect was replaced/upgraded some time ago. Battery is tiptop.

As this has been SORN it's priced to be a bargain for someone for who the servicing needed to get it back on the road and MOT'd is trivial. Selling as a complete package for someone who wants another SV or regrets selling their old one!

£850 cash no offers. (Going straight to Ebay at same price then split for a couple weeks if doesn't sell here)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SV650_01.jpg (124.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SV650_02.jpg (127.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SV650_05.jpg (111.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SV650_06.jpg (104.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SV650_11.jpg (119.9 KB, 0 views)
Yamaha YB100
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-20, 02:00 PM   #2
Zim

Default Re: SV650 + Givi Backbox + Abba

Dave20046 you've exceeded your PM limit so I can't reply.
Yamaha YB100
Old 18-08-20, 02:07 PM   #3
Zim

Dave asked about condition. I'll post some higher res photos in the next couple days.

TL;DR version!
It's reasonable condition and priced accordingly. Some rust commensurate with being used outside and 50/50 stored under a cover and left in the elements. Some light spots on the forks that i've always kept in check with autosol. Dust cover on steering head could probably be replaced if you're fussy. Some washers like the ones that hold down the tank would benefit with being replaced. Seat has been sat on etc. A couple of tiny spots on tank that I polish and can barely be seen unless you're looking. An engine cover on the right is losing it's plating but I imagine that's normal for the age, can't remember what it's called. I'll post more and better photos in next few days but it's an honest enough bike, I'm not pretending it's showroom. Bit of elbow grease and some tight but well considered updates and it'll look gorgeous again.
Yamaha YB100
Old 18-08-20, 03:44 PM   #4
Zim

Dave I'm sorry, despite my having adequate PM space I'm having issues myself! Posting here as it's not terribly sensitive info:

"Where are you? Sheffield? I've got gardeners in making me a shed base at the moment and bike is stored away to allow for their trailer, but should be able to take some better pics tomorrow night. Would rather it went to an SV fan than to some dealer to 'flip'."

There we go. No idea what's going on with the PMs!
Yamaha YB100
Old 18-08-20, 04:24 PM   #5
Zim

Sorry still having issues sending (but not recieving!!) PM.

I don't have one of those nerdy documented service history files (though I'm beginning to wish I had bothered, but you know, I was just busy enjoying it rather than thinking of reselling it!). Yeah! poor excuse. However, it was serviced a few times Superbike Surgery and Fraser's (Gloucester), and I did the occasional brake fluid/pads and oil change/filter change myself. I can assure you I didn't take apart any bits and have several screws left over, or do anything beyond my level of competence (hence Superbike Surgery, punishingly expensive but top class!). All maintenance that needed to be done was done because, you know, I didn't want to die on it!

Again, I realise this of course which is why it's only £850 with nice extras. It's an honest bike in need of a bit of TLC.
Yamaha YB100
Old 18-08-20, 04:50 PM   #6
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Sorry still having issues sending (but not recieving!!) PM.

I don't have one of those nerdy documented service history files (though I'm beginning to wish I had bothered, but you know, I was just busy enjoying it rather than thinking of reselling it!). Yeah! poor excuse. However, it was serviced a few times Superbike Surgery and Fraser's (Gloucester), and I did the occasional brake fluid/pads and oil change/filter change myself. I can assure you I didn't take apart any bits and have several screws left over, or do anything beyond my level of competence (hence Superbike Surgery, punishingly expensive but top class!). All maintenance that needed to be done was done because, you know, I didn't want to die on it!

Again, I realise this of course which is why it's only £850 with nice extras. It's an honest bike in need of a bit of TLC.

Yep, no problem I'm the same. I'm less bothered about dealer stamps and resale, just knowing basic maintenance has been done as it's probably the engine that interests me most - particularly engine oil & iflter changes (I'm aware mine is getting on a bit so may end up taking the good parts on mine and moving it up to this newer bike if I go for it).
I've got to think about my capacity to store and take this on, pics of the 'bad bits' would be helpful if you can - or if I don't end up having it I'm sure iwll help with the sale.

https://imgbb.com/ is a good place to upload pics quickly, just paste the resulting link across
Old 13-09-20, 10:06 PM   #7
FreeClimber

Hi Zim. Brand new forum member and SV enthusiast here, based in Manchester.
Wondering is your bike still available?
FreeClimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-20, 05:02 PM   #8
Zim

Still available. Original pics plus added some more from last week. Been busy sorry!

Yamaha YB100

Last edited by Zim; 15-09-20 at 05:04 PM.
Old 16-09-20, 02:07 AM   #9
FreeClimber

Thanx, Zim, for the PM and also the email, and for posting these extra photos that I asked about. (y)
The bike looks great nick for its age. Aware that it hasn't been ridden over 18 months, but based upon the condition u describe in yr ad, and that I can hear the engine running, I defo 100% wld like to buy the bike! Happy to pay yr full asking price, and can drive down in company van to collect a.s.a.p.!
Pls PM/email me yr address, preferred payment method, etc.

Cheers,
Pete

PS Just so I have the complete picture...
Wld u mind confirming how long you've owned it (& that you've got the V5 in yr name)? And how many previous owners it had?
FreeClimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-20, 03:14 PM   #10
Zim

Have confirmed have V5C is in hand, owned since 2012, 1 previous owner. FreeClimber (Pete) has agreed purchase in principle.
Yamaha YB100